FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fender Roll? Im Rubbing 225/45/17 On 7.5 Rims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got new tires 225/45/17 for my rims 17x7.5 and they seem to hurt the lips of the fenders all around, those monster stick out of the fenders by 1/3 of an inch approx.... I just love the ride, but I am rubbing when I hit a dip in the road and the car lowers, realy not much, but I do not wanna rub the paint off and ruin the fenders. I am still running the stock svt suspension but there is no more ugly fender gaps.... :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

I need to have em roll almost 1/2 an inch for the top 5 to 6 inch of the front and a bit too in the rear.

how much can I expect to pay and how much involvment is this?

thanks.

-marc
where would one buy fender arch like on the RS but black with bolts like rally ones?

Like freddy's focus yellow and black. you guys know what I mean.
damn, I was all exited cuz I saw one reply on the header but I clicked then realised it was from myself... :blink:
For the cavy guys they mostly went with Z3 fenders and modded them, it was easier to get the fiber glass changed. Are the 225 tires really that tight or does it also have to do with the 7.5" rims? I noticed some of the aftermarket Focus fenders are steel, maybe better to try with aftermarket since you would likely need to do some painting anyhow.

David
well, I was looking it up and guys say you can almost get 1/2 an inch by rolling the stockers if you have the right rolling tool, I will look for a place that do it right and get it done.

225 arent that bad, its the 45 that kill me.... there isnt much gap even on stock svt suspension... :lol:

01-yellow-ZX3

My 215's rub slightly when I have fat people in the back seat, I've also looked into rolling but haven't found anything promising.

Theres a place that rents a roller locally here, but its super expensive, and they require a massive down payment. So I'm going to wait and see what my other options are.
You guys dont understand how freaking big 225/45/17 is, it look like a fat kid with 12 donuts in his mouth

I think it look like what I would expect a track car to look like. :P

when I get around my fender problem I will be the only guy with no fender gap and stock suspension.... B)
The only guy?
meford4u,Mar 11 2005, 02:41 AM Wrote:The only guy?
[right][snapback]92781[/snapback][/right]

you dont get it, I crave attention man, the wife is in Hawaii and im humping the stair case post randomly when I pass by.,...

lol
the lonely guy
the lonely guy with fat tires that rubs..... :huh:
hahahahhahahahaha humoing poopr kitty :lol:
DD1,Mar 11 2005, 03:16 AM Wrote:hahahahhahahahaha humoing poopr kitty :lol:
[right][snapback]92792[/snapback][/right]

Okay.. I must be developing some sort of OCD here.. I sit and stare at that stupid animated gif, and then I scroll down and see it again.. and stare again.. wash..rinse..repeat..

I Must ASK!.. What the heck is that animated gif ok? Who are those people in it? It's driving me nuts..
dumb and dummer.... :blink:
french_connection,Mar 10 2005, 09:39 PM Wrote:You guys dont understand how freaking big 225/45/17 is, it look like a fat kid with 12 donuts in his mouth

I think it look like what I would expect a track car to look like.  :P

when I get around my fender problem I will be the only guy with no fender gap and stock suspension....  B)
[right][snapback]92779[/snapback][/right]

I have a stack of 225/45/17's from my cavy next to my SVT 215/45/17's and theres not a lot of difference. Thats why im so suprised they are that tight, the stock tires on the cavy were 205/55/16 and those are what I have for winter tires on the focus.

David
taiyeungjai,Mar 11 2005, 03:33 AM Wrote:
DD1,Mar 11 2005, 03:16 AM Wrote:hahahahhahahahaha humoing poopr kitty :lol:
[right][snapback]92792[/snapback][/right]

Okay.. I must be developing some sort of OCD here.. I sit and stare at that stupid animated gif, and then I scroll down and see it again.. and stare again.. wash..rinse..repeat..

I Must ASK!.. What the heck is that animated gif ok? Who are those people in it? It's driving me nuts..
[right][snapback]92796[/snapback][/right]

I SAID TIME OUT
You should went with 225 40 17 on stock rims but you have different rims what's the offset of your rims? B)
someone was selling a fender roller on FJ for around $400 if i remember correctly .. it might still be available.

If you wanted to go that route
schade,Mar 11 2005, 09:55 AM Wrote:someone was selling a fender roller on FJ for around $400 if i remember correctly .. it might still be available.

If you wanted to go that route
[right][snapback]92877[/snapback][/right]

i roll a lot of fenders on varrious types of cars and if you don't know what you are doing with the fender roller you can really bugger up the fenders as well as destroy your paint.

rolling fenders does take a fair amount of skill to do it cleanly and properly without damaging anything.

you casn get a cheap roller from these guys however they are not a very good roller. http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=...erID=140&KICKER

this is a cheap knock-off of the roller i have and i feel is even a little expensive for the price you are paying for it... the quality just isn't anything to rave about but it gets the job done.

I would call DAD becasue he had his doen so give him a call Frenchie and he'll hook you up

:P
Pages: 1 2