FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Jrsc Removal/re-install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are about to embark on the addition of our winter parts hoard, and we need to remove the JRSC.
For those of you who have installed a previously used JRSC or removed and re-installed the JRSC, what gaskets did you replace and where can I get them.
We are thinking we need a new gasket between the tb and the JRSC, the JRSC and the intake manifold and a gasket for the intake and the head.
I think this would be a great question Scoobasteve could answer, but I through it our there for all of us for future reference.

01-yellow-ZX3

Try PM'ing DILATED.

I think he installed his JRSC, then just took it off recently to sell.
it may be a better question for french connection (marc) because i havent installed the jrsc yet. i wanted to be certain so i ordered all the gaskets studs and bolts for the jrsc... it came up to like 80.00us... better safe than sorry i guess.
scoobasteve,Mar 9 2005, 08:21 PM Wrote:it may be a better question for french connection (marc) because i havent installed the jrsc yet.  i wanted to be certain so i ordered all the gaskets studs and bolts for the jrsc... it came up to like 80.00us... better safe than sorry i guess.
[right][snapback]92472[/snapback][/right]

you learned your lessons well son, its the way to go, it would suck to realized you have a vacuum leak due to a worn out gasket after a day of instal.

I would recommend at the very minimum those parts if you wanna be cheap and not get all.

-intake manifold gasket
-supercharger to mani. gasket
-intake manifold studs (all)
-supercharger bolts to manifold (4)

(the throttle body gasket can be reused no problems, just use a little silicone on it and your good to go.)
scoobasteve,Mar 9 2005, 08:21 PM Wrote:it may be a better question for french connection (marc) because i havent installed the jrsc yet.  i wanted to be certain so i ordered all the gaskets studs and bolts for the jrsc... it came up to like 80.00us... better safe than sorry i guess.
[right][snapback]92472[/snapback][/right]

Ok have you got a link to where I can purchase the studs and gaskets?
Are they individual part numbers or does it come in a kit?
If you have a second Steve, input the part numbers I need to order.

Thnks

It was quite humourous when the boy called JR, they told him just to use gasket silicone if the gasket wasn't reusable. Yeah, that's something you want going into your engine. And talk about leaks???

Take a look here
http://www.jacksonracing.com/graphics/BOMS/995-000.pdf

I think I need part numbers 051-525, 051-528, 051-529, 051-794, that's for all the gaskets.
And the hardware bags.......988-913, 988-915.

Let me know if i need more or if I have too much crap.

Hi

I've installed and uninstalled the JR Supercharger. It took us about 9 1/2 hours to install and took me about 8 hours to uninstall and install the original intake manifold and vacuum lines etc.

If you guys have any other questions, please feel free to pm.

Vito :)
haha, when i ordered they didnt have hardware bags
i had to place all the orders seperate :(