FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pcm Reflashed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyway I realized after looking though the history, this guy kept like a log on everything that happened throught he car, complete documentation on when stuff happened..

The computer was reflashed last year, now i'm not sure how this will affect my tuning since I guess the code on my door isn't the actual code of the comptuer.

Is there some whay I can find out the code, like read it with a device? Would I need to go to ford for this?

Or should I just go to Ford and have them reflash my computer and then they can let me know the code at that time....
haveing your PCM reflashed shouldn't change the actuall code of your computer (if your just talking about a regular flash to update some settings like the SVT had done by ford)

and the code for your PCM should be on the unit itself, so you can see if it matches whats on the sticker of the door.
Usually when ford does an update, they have come out with a new PCM code, thus changing yours.

SUch as a SVTf from ZED0 to ZED1
meister@steeda.ca,Mar 8 2005, 01:01 AM Wrote:Usually when ford does an update, they have come out with a new PCM code, thus changing yours.

SUch as a SVTf from ZED0 to ZED1
[right][snapback]92053[/snapback][/right]

the last number is just the version level. aim for a flash the same level or higher.. .it doesn't lock your tune like the ones that determine the actual ECU.

my car saiz LFQ1, but it's running a custom LFQ2
So this doesn't matter for my SCT?
the moment you reflash it, the ECU will be at whatever level you ordered through SCT.

just order the code you see on the door, and ask for the latest version of the reflash (which they tend to give regardless).

As long as steeda can tune me :) And if they can't as long as someone can.
lol It's hard not to touch that comment :D :P Yeah, Steeda.ca can hook you up fo shizzle.

hardk0re,Mar 7 2005, 09:28 PM Wrote:As long as steeda can tune me :)  And if they can't as long as someone can.
[right][snapback]92064[/snapback][/right]