FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Heading For Mosport Tonight ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't want to drive around on the Azenis every day, so I waited until this aft to put on the new rims and tires ... so now except for headlight and taillight mods, I'm pretty much done.

[Image: Fusionrearquarter.jpg]

[Image: Fusionrim.jpg]

[Image: Fusiontrunklid.jpg]

[Image: FusionFrontquarter.jpg]

[Image: Fusionfront.jpg]
Looks really good Ken. I was wondering how the grill would lookand as it turns out, it looks great. The wheels look good on it aswell. Just needs a slight drop and you will be rockin.
[Image: sweetjesus.jpg]

WOW THAT LOOKS GOOD!

Love the grille.

And man, do those tires look sticky.
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 24 2009, 03:02 PM Wrote:Looks really good Ken.  I was wondering how the grill would lookand as it turns out, it looks great.  The wheels look good on it aswell.  Just needs a slight drop and you will be rockin.
[right][snapback]285800[/snapback][/right]

You mean another drop - LOL I've already put the Eibach pro-kit on it ... I think what you're seeing is the difference between the stock 225-50 wheel and the 225-45 I went with for the track ... but yeah, you're right - could go even lower. Unfortunately Eibach doesn't make the Sportline kit for Fusion - so my only option would be coil-overs.

Sticky - hell ya - picks up everything. Hopefully the track won't be too dirty.
Nice setup you have there...

Now keep it in one piece on the track will ya? :lol:

NefCanuck
Looks nice

What's going on at Mosport tonight? What group?
NikiterZTS,Apr 24 2009, 05:31 PM Wrote:Looks nice

[right][snapback]285812[/snapback][/right]

Greetings from Oshawa.

It's the BMW Club of Ontario - 2 full days on the long track - I'm doing 3 weekends like this one this year. Apparently only 12 of us signed up for this one so I should be getting lots of track time.

All the info here
Well hello there lol...Damn Ken the car looks good

keep up the good work
I frogot that you have the Pro-kit. With those tires there is quite the gap in the wheel well. Hope you have fun.
ZTWsquared,Apr 24 2009, 08:53 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Apr 24 2009, 05:31 PM Wrote:Looks nice

[right][snapback]285812[/snapback][/right]

Greetings from Oshawa.

It's the BMW Club of Ontario - 2 full days on the long track - I'm doing 3 weekends like this one this year. Apparently only 12 of us signed up for this one so I should be getting lots of track time.

All the info here
[right][snapback]285817[/snapback][/right]

Aahh I see.....sounds pricy but good practince none the less.
What do they consider "full day"? What are the hours?

And how was it tonight?
Bring it by the shop and we'll send it through the booth and paint it the new metallic black.
meford4u,Apr 25 2009, 08:34 AM Wrote:Bring it by the shop and we'll send it through the booth and paint it the new metallic black.
[right][snapback]285832[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Hey if you're offering that kinda service I certainly would take you up on that :lol:

NefCanuck
meford4u,Apr 25 2009, 08:34 AM Wrote:Bring it by the shop and we'll send it through the booth and paint it the new metallic black.

I don't see any smileys so I'm assuming this is on the level ... how many beers will this cost me ... or should I say how many cases of beer.

Just got back - awesome weekend. Technically we weren't allowed to take pics to I have just a couple from my cell phone. I will post up a separate thread.
ZTWsquared,Apr 26 2009, 05:57 PM Wrote:

Technically we weren't allowed to take pics to I have just a couple from my cell phone. I will post up a separate thread.
[right][snapback]285886[/snapback][/right]

May I ask why it is such a secret for them for people not be able to take shots? :blink:
NikiterZTS,Apr 26 2009, 06:16 PM Wrote:

Technically we weren't allowed to take pics to I have just a couple from my cell phone. I will post up a separate thread.

May I ask why it is such a secret for them for people not be able to take shots? :blink:
[right][snapback]285887[/snapback][/right]

The rationale they give us is that this is a "school" and not a competition ... and additionally there are people who don't want their cars shown on the internet ...

BTW - they are in fact a registered school and I get a tax receipt and everything ... based on my tax bracket, my $430 "course" only cost me $215 once I factor the tax benefit.

It seems kinda silly to me but they are really adamant about it and mention it often ... otherwise I would have used my new Vado HD for some in-car video ... but they say they'll kick anyone out who's caught taking video ... also the same for using any kind of timing equipment or g-force etc.
Kinda weird but oh well...at least you had fun.

How were the instructors? How did Fusion hold up?
NikiterZTS,Apr 26 2009, 07:14 PM Wrote:Kinda weird but oh well...at least you had fun.

How were the instructors? How did Fusion hold up?
[right][snapback]285897[/snapback][/right]

Instructors were excellent ... and they are all fast (we get 4 sessions with them in their car) ... the Fusion was frankly amazing ... the suspension worked great and the brakes were better than I could have hoped for ... having said that I think I was a bit under-tired - I should have gone for 235s instead of 225s.

I was really down on power compared to the other cars of course, but I was honestly faster than most in the corners - so with the passing rules they way they are I actually passed a lot of cars (if you catch up to a car in the corners, they must let you pass on the straight, even if they are faster in the straight) ... I definitely suprised a lot of the guys there and I had a lot of visitors checking out the car.
i know what you mean......i wish i grabed 235/40/R17

:(:(
looks great Love the body colour grill and fog light surround

I don't see any smileys so I'm assuming this is on the level ... how many beers will this cost me ... or should I say how many cases of beer.

Just got back - awesome weekend. Technically we weren't allowed to take pics to I have just a couple from my cell phone. I will post up a separate thread.
I was kidding. Thought you might be able to figure out that the paint we use goes through a booth at over 180 Celcius.

That might cause some plastics to melt.

Might.

No smiley faces.