FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cracked Mirror Outer Plastic Body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am missing a piece of my window plastic casing. Probably a stone hit it and took it out. The mirror still works, it moves and everything, but salt and water gets inside now (the hole is towards the front of the car).

Can I patch it up somehow? Any idea how much a mirror body would cost?

Thanks!
I just bought my M3 mirrors so if you want another pair I will sell mine when my M3's come in
ca_focus,Mar 3 2005, 10:01 PM Wrote:I just bought my M3 mirrors so if you want another pair I will sell mine when my M3's come in
[right][snapback]91043[/snapback][/right]

please pm me with the price for the passenger mirror, if you can sell it alone. is it electrical?

01-yellow-ZX3

The "mirror cap" is a seperate piece thats for sure, but I'm not too sure if Ford just sells that piece seperately.
$60.11 tax included at the dealer for manual. Lost mine twice, I wish they had hinges.. $20 to $40 at the junkyards.
if it's power, it's $ 88.99 as I was qutoed from the dealership to replace the whole mirror. I was told they would not sell just one piece of it. (ie. like the clips I need)
plastic weld rules
Loctite have some sweet quick fix soliutions! eg; "liquid steel" and tons of other specific adhesives. (junkyard/wrecker run)
THX all!

Dealer asked for $155 + labour. So far I have just taped it.
Ripinosu,Mar 26 2005, 01:20 AM Wrote:THX all!

Dealer asked for $155 + labour. So far I have just taped it.
[right][snapback]96557[/snapback][/right]

The mirror is only $52.28 for a manual, 88.55 for power, 139.38 for pwr heated, and svt 208.05 from ford, what one did they quote you ???? those prices do not include tax or install
Crazirich,Mar 26 2005, 05:22 PM Wrote:[quote=Ripinosu,Mar 26 2005, 01:20 AM]THX all!

The mirror is only $52.28 for a manual, 88.55 for power, 139.38 for pwr heated, and svt 208.05 from ford, what one did they quote you ???? those prices do not include tax or install
[right][snapback]96605[/snapback][/right]

pwr heated.
I'll sell you the outer casing. PM me whenever you want it

ca_focus, I'll take your stockers.