FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Halo Lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

j.a.dj

so i was thinking about buying a pair of halo lights but i have herd that once thay burn out you cant replace them and same with the blue led so i was just wondering whats up with them.....

thanks.

What are Halo lights?

Some sort of hella knock off? If so, save up for the real thing. You wont be disappointed.

j.a.dj

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33710

was just wondeing if thay are good or not
Those ones that have 'KS' in raised lettering at the bottom of the headlight housing are good so I've heard. I dunno, depends all on the look that you want. The chrome ones are nasty IMO.
I have those. I had a halo burn out on me and had it replaced. I took it to a BMW dealership and they done it. They replace them on their cars so I figured they could do it with mine so I took it in. Works great now

j.a.dj

ca_focus,Mar 3 2005, 10:00 PM Wrote:I have those. I had a halo burn out on me and had it replaced. I took it to a BMW dealership and they done it. They replace them on their cars so I figured they could do it with mine so I took it in. Works great now
[right][snapback]91041[/snapback][/right]

did it cost alot ??? to replace it..
ThraxXx has a set, he seems to like them. They're only about a month old so far, so I don't think he can give you a longevity report on them. I do know he bought them off eBay, so they might be the same as yours.

I'll get him to check this thread.
to replace my halo led it cost me $110 at a BMW dealership. I think that is fairly good.
I was going to get them once.with other seller...but he run out of them...I really like them...
I got those bad boys on my 4 door sedan. I love them. They are bright, the halo's turn heads and well...they came with a cover so the projectors are protected from rocks and such that will come flying at your car. The only way you will burn out the halo is if you have a surging powersystem that is constantly dropping below 12V and then spiking back up above the 12V line. LED's will only burnout if they recieve over-current for over 3 seconds. The halos they use in these are real cheap I must say...its basically a plastic rod that was heated, wraped around a jar and then they used a dremel and put knotches in it. After that they drilled and wedged 2 LED's in it one on each side and ran them with a resistor so lower the voltage from 12V to 5V.

I built my own halos before just for fun...found a website to teach you how to do it and its actually pretty easy.

anywho, as for the headlights, I say they are great. The only downside I have is the bulbs they come with are bloody cheap. I blew one highbeam and a lowbeam within the first month of having them on. I recently replaced them with Silverstars and haven't had a problem yet. These things use H1 for highbeam and H3 for lowbeam.

j.a.dj

thanks guy i think i will get them but wich ones to go with the black and paint them white or the chrome im not to shure...il figure it out...werd :D