FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Oil Cap Question, A S A P
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I'll try to explain this the best I can......

I want to purchase a FC billet oil cap and I got a 2001. The late 2001 models have a 1/4 turn oil cap and the earlier ones have something else (1/2 turn?). Anyway the FC billet oil caps work for the late 2001 models and up (Zetec Engine).

I went outside and popped the hood. I untwisted my oil cap and if you can imagine a clockface, when the cap is undone, imagine the one edge at about 4 oclock. When I tighten it down, that same edge goes to the 9 oclock position. I'll get some digital pics up if I have to later today.

Anyway, another example, a 1/4 turn is 90 degrees. Mine is slightly more then 90 degrees, maybe 110 so it's more then a 1/4 turn.

---------------------------------------

What I am asking is for you guys that have a 2002 or up ZETEC, can you please go out to your car and see how your oil cap changes and report back to me. I want to purchase these today. I am curious as to how the 2002 up ones 'screw on' cause if it's the same as mine, then I am good to go to purchase the caps. If they twist differently then I can't buy them. Hopefully this all makes sense.

Thanks in advance........

I am sure that ym oil cap is the same thing u dont need to twist it back on like a lid but just set it in and turn a 1/4 turn and it stops right where the "oil" letters face straight up and even. I will check and let u know chad
Checked with Focus Central and they said that the ones they have are a turn and lock style, not a threaded one.

I don't think they will work for me which sucks. Thanks man for checking for me. See if yours has 'threads' on it or just a big thread as in how they say above, turn and lock.
UPDATE

Figured it out, they will fit my car..... so I purchased them. Also just a heads up for those that are looking for colored FocusCentral stuff. Apparently FC is not manufacturing any more colored (RED, BLUE, PURPLE) TB's and all their other products like that and just sticking with BLACK and SILVER. Something to jump on if you want a new product from them.