FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Engine Hood Material Stuff Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guys you know the material that is mounted on the back of the hood? I think it's to keep heat away from the hood or for fire protection or some purpose. I'm not sure if all model years come with it. Anyways who still has this on? I kinda want to take it off because it looks like s**t now with all the salt stains. Are there any pros or cons to removing it?
You can take it off. The later focus' dont have it. Its partially due to heat, partially noise.

Some people with shorty headers say they get spiders in the paint near the front of the hood, but your stock so you should be fine.
tdot-zx3,Mar 1 2005, 08: Wrote:You can take it off. The later focus' dont have it. Its partially due to heat, partially noise.

Some people with shorty headers say they get spiders in the paint near the front of the hood, but your stock so you should be fine.
[right][snapback]90618[/snapback][/right]

Well my paints shot and I have no heat shield. Anything for me to worry about?
nothing to worry about.
If my car goes up in flames could my insurance company have a reason to not cover it?
MAlby7,Mar 2 2005, 11:01 AM Wrote:If my car goes up in flames could my insurance company have a reason to not cover it?
[right][snapback]90749[/snapback][/right]

The insurance company isnt going to know the little detail that 2000 and some 2001 production models included a hood liner material. Taking that stuff out wont make your car any more of a fire hazard than any other Focus on the road since they stopped including the hood liner.
I have a 2001, and it doesn't have the liner. Or, at least it wasn't on it when they sold me the car last year.

My paint's fine... I wouldn't sweat it, man.