FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Think I'm Done!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MAlby7,Mar 1 2005, 10:52 AM Wrote:Turbo with stock suspension and tires = bad idea (especially for me)

Honestly man anyone who knows me sees me all over the place and knows it's me from my car.  I can't count how many times I've been asked if my car is an SVT or some special edition.  My family loves it and even my dad with his vette and M3 likes taking it for a spin.  He defines it as a fun car to drive with usuable power at any point in the ride.

This summer I'm gonna take it to the track to see what it can actually do and then I'll enter a few shows.  This summer will be it's time to shine and then next fall you guys will be getting my parts.  Also anyone considering to get a kickass system that clear and loud at the same time, just wait a bit.

Now I gotta move on with life.  I've learned a stupid amount of info from you guys and I appreciate it.  I learned so much about cars on here despite the stupid threads.  Scoobasteve for audio, T-dot for any stupid little thing about this car, Flofocus for making my new grill, and the rest of you guys for suggesting s**t to me.  I'll still hang around with the stock focus, but I think in the next two years I will be moving up to something more substantial.  Something that I don't have to mod and it still looks sweet.  Hopefully something like a G35 coupe, BMW 325Ci, or Mazda RX8.  But who knows what the future entails.
[right][snapback]90482[/snapback][/right]

You sound exactly like me. I've been looking at the VOLVO S40 T5 AWD and the G35 as well........ :)
You know Mike I sit here every day and think "When the spring comes around, I'll get the Euro body kit on, maybe save up for some rims.. it'll be awesome" then I think "s**t, in December 2005, my car will be 6 years old"... and I start to reconsiderthe whole modding thing. I'd love for modding my car to be my hobby... just as I'd love for paintball to be one as well... but my two passions are too damned expensive. To compete in paintball, you need a marker that can shoot off 16 bps+... that means a good marker, bolt, hopper, air system, etc... and on top of that, membership, tourney entrance fee, paint... it's damned expensive. Just like modding a car. I'm 20 and have put a downpayment on a condo... I look at my paintball marker and I look at my car and I've started to say "Good enough"... afterall, what's the point? There's always something bigger and better coming out, and you get tired of stuff eventually... think of all that money going for virtually NOTHING short of a few months of enjoyment and then several months of questioning the purchase/hoping no one steals it... is it justified? I dunno. Anyways, hope we can catch a couple lacrosse games together sometime incase for some reason you stop posting on FC
Hopefully after you do the track and shows it will renew your enthusiasm for your car!!!

It will be a shame to see such a well modded focus returned to stock!!

I feel though if you're gonna cut your losses and stop modding your at least keep it the way it is!!!

The way i feel about my car is............ once the car payments stop the modding will stop and then it will be onto something new!! Until then it's gonna be an all out modfest!
SL8RZZX3,Mar 1 2005, 01:00 PM Wrote:I feel though if you're gonna cut your losses and stop modding your at least keep it the way it is!!!
[right][snapback]90513[/snapback][/right]

I totally agree with this statement. I'm not planning any more major mods for my car (I just bought a house, so that's what I'll be spending money "modding"), but I'm happy with the way my car is right now.
When it comes to 'modding' your going to lose out in the end anyway (if your purchasing new). It's the way it is. From what I got from Malby posted, that he's going to get rid of the focus and get a new car or something else. I'm in the same boat, if I sell my car, sure I'm going to take losses and in all honestly, I don't really even care. I've had my fun (and still am) with my mods, car and if I lose out in the end when it's sale time, big deal.
meford4u,Mar 1 2005, 01:21 PM Wrote:Sheds a tear..........Well it was bound to happen someday.  The fuktard actually got it.  The meaning of life.  Stop wasting your money.  Now if only I could get it.

Move on to bigger and better things.  Enjoy.
[right][snapback]90489[/snapback][/right]

You got it!

Bottom line is....
YOU/RE GETTING OLD!!!!!
I'm pretty much done modding the Focus myself once all the crap in my garage gets put on this spring. I think I've obtained the goal I set for it. I've started to do stuff to the Subaru now.
I like flo's point.

I went from someone who was iffy and scared to do alot on cars because I thought I would f them up 2+ years ago...

To a guy thats swaped 10 engines+ in the last year and rebuilt from the ground up 2 different cars... Not to mention the plethora of other crap. Its amazing how tinkering with things actually gets you somewhere.

Cars are great, and ill never own a car that I dont change. Its impossible, because in my eyes they dont make the perfect car from the factory, theres always something to be changed, always something to be tinkered with.

My problem lately is I want to be more creative and just dont have the money and means to do so. I look at my civic and it bores me, sure its fast, and it was fun to build, and yada yada.... but its meh. I want to build a gocart, or a dune buggy, or something with a honda engine put at the rear wheels. To me thats real modifying. Bolt on parts have become the ultimate boring thing to me, I cant even look at parts sites anymore.

So I guess you can say im sorta in the same boat as you Mike, but, with a little twist.
And not wanting to spend money on modifying cars has nothing to do with 'growing up' or 'finding the meaning of life' ... you silly oldtimers.
For me it will be most difficult to leave the suspension alone on any car I buy... I have vowed that is all I will change on my SIR. Speed and looks dont get me anything but tickets, but improvements in handling are something that YOU the driver can always appreciate wether at high speeds or just putting around town.

-P@
My dad was into modifying lots when he was young. He gave up after he built the engine for the vega. He ended up not building the frame up as good as he thought and he ended up bending it.

Any way my dads car days are over. Even when I ask him to help me he gives me the same old im tired with that s**t and I have to learn it the hard way. He says I will never learn till I have a engine blow up on me. LOL

I wish my dad would of kept with it.
ZX3TUNR,Mar 2 2005, 12:01 AM Wrote:He says I will never learn till I have a engine blow up on me. LOL

[right][snapback]90586[/snapback][/right]

I have a feeling you're going to make your dad very proud.............. :lol:
ZX3TUNR,Mar 2 2005, 12:01 AM Wrote:My dad was into modifying lots when he was young. He gave up after he built the engine for the vega. He ended up not building the frame up as good as he thought and he ended up bending it.

Any way my dads car days are over. Even when I ask him to help me he gives me the same old im tired with that s**t and I have to learn it the hard way. He says I will never learn till I have a engine blow up on me. LOL

I wish my dad would of kept with it.
[right][snapback]90586[/snapback][/right]

See, I am the KOOL dad everyone wished they had and not the fuktard you guys hate.

I'm not getting old, just "keeping with it".

Thanks for making my day Jay.
meford4u,Mar 2 2005, 12:13 AM Wrote:[See, I am the KOOL dad [right][snapback]90599[/snapback][/right]

Well you are the same shape so sure:

[Image: km_picture_new.jpg]

OH YEAAAHHHH!
Penwraith,Mar 1 2005, 05:13 AM Wrote:For myself if I can dress the car up without
over the top modifications I'll be satisfied.
Nice rims n' rubber, tint, K&N ,RS spoiler,lower it,maybe mod the head lights and catback system.  Maybe?
[right][snapback]90409[/snapback][/right]

ya I think we have all said that but once your there its onto the "next" thing
2001 ZTS,Mar 2 2005, 12:29 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Mar 2 2005, 12:13 AM Wrote:[See, I am the KOOL dad [right][snapback]90599[/snapback][/right]

Well you are the same shape so sure:

[Image: km_picture_new.jpg]

OH YEAAAHHHH!
[right][snapback]90608[/snapback][/right]

Just remember, he started it. But I'm not going to thread crap.........Yet.
meford4u,Mar 2 2005, 02:28 AM Wrote:Just remember, he started it.  But I'm not going to thread crap.........Yet.
[right][snapback]90669[/snapback][/right]

Problem is anyone who has stood in your shadow KNOWS thats some funny sh1t! ;) unlike a rehash of how many doors makes a car better. :P
I'm done with the door meltdown. Working on some new material.

But the fuktard shite stays.

Unless I see another poll on what car/Focus is the best.

meford4u,Mar 1 2005, 10:38 PM Wrote:I'm done with the door meltdown.  Working on some new material. 

But the fuktard shite stays.

Unless I see another poll on what car/Focus is the best.
[right][snapback]90673[/snapback][/right]

I can't wait.

Probably some sort of green sedan crap. :P
lordkingod,Mar 1 2005, 11:24 PM Wrote:For me it will be most difficult to leave the suspension alone on any car I buy... I have vowed that is all I will change on my SIR. Speed and looks dont get me anything but tickets, but improvements in handling are something that YOU the driver can always appreciate wether at high speeds or just putting around town.

-P@
[right][snapback]90563[/snapback][/right]

Best post ever!!! I have yet to drove a car that handle like my focus yet, I am still happy everytime I turn the steering wheel.

As far as modding, I am almost done as well. Maybe a high flow cat w/ flex, but thats about it. It is not a very good idea to mod a 170k km car anyway.
Pages: 1 2