FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Second Dome/map Light Installed. (w/ Pics)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally installed the second dome/map light. Bought the dome/map light from Zoom. Thanks Tony!

[Image: 2nddomea.jpg]
[Image: 2nddomeb.jpg]
[Image: 2nddomec.jpg]
looks nice, you think you could do a little write-up on the process of the install? tools required, any wires, where to cut, etc...?
That is a great idea I MUST COPY!

It is just in series with the front one right? How did you route and fish the wires? If I get the parts would you help?
Definately a cool idea.

The rear end of the focus definately was lacking light.

I saw a guy do this on the Jet a few year ago with his wagon.

Please do a writeup.
Oh, and those are pretty "pimp" dingle dangles hanging from your "Broadway" mirror. :lol:
Yeah, they're either anal beads or beads from showing off his titties at either merdigras or the Jerry Springer show. :lol:

01-yellow-ZX3

ANTHONYD,Feb 28 2005, 08:24 PM Wrote:Yeah, they're either anal beads or beads from showing off his titties at either merdigras or the Jerry Springer show. :lol:
[right][snapback]90354[/snapback][/right]

Looks religious to me...
That looks cool...

I remember somewhere i saw that someone used LEDs by the side of the rear overhead handles and it looked pretty nice too...but i never thought of having a second dome :) great idea
Love it. Would love to copy it if you did a write up. Looks really clean. Good job.
Looks smart.

Turned out super good

01-yellow-ZX3

Quote:Finally installed the second dome/map light. Bought the dome/map light from Zoom. Thanks Tony!

Somebody actually got their stuff from Tony? :P Jokes man jokes.
I'll post the write up Tuesday night.
"You got that "limo" thang goin on bro!"
NICE ICE!!
Get some Xenon bulbs for that shiz, it'd clean up the yellow light from the stock bulbs ;)

Otherwise, that's a mad pimp install!
Here's the How-To

Dome light how-to
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 1 2005, 09:22 AM Wrote:Get some Xenon bulbs for that shiz, it'd clean up the yellow light from the stock bulbs ;)

Otherwise, that's a mad pimp install!
[right][snapback]90423[/snapback][/right]

the xenon ones are not that bright.
Looks good, nice job!
Jaspher, Nice write-up. I have a spare dome light kicking arround, but it doesnt have the map lights built-in, I guess I can still use it right? As for the gray plastic trim ring that you have arround your dome light, that did not come with mine, Did you order it from ford? how much was that piece and did it fit properly? it looks like you have to trim it abit with an exacto knife for it to fit properly?
paolo,Mar 1 2005, 11:08 AM Wrote:Jaspher, Nice write-up. I have a spare dome light kicking arround, but it doesnt have the map lights built-in,  I guess I can still use it right? As for the gray plastic trim ring that you have arround your dome light, that did not come with mine, Did you order it from ford? how much was that piece and did it fit properly? it looks like you have to trim it abit with an exacto knife for it to fit properly?
[right][snapback]90462[/snapback][/right]

That correct.. I had to trim the peice that sticks out. My trim came with the dome light that I got just had to pay a little bit extra.
That is seriously a good idea, i have been pondering it myself what to do about the lack of light in the rear. However, i have a sliding moonroof, so it makes it a little harder to install and will the roof sliding mechanism be in the way?. i was considering using entry handle lights like a crown vic or grand marquis use, might be easier in my case.