FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Intake Manifold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I'm building a custom intake manifold (looks like the sheet metal intake from SHM) but I can't figure out how to get my stock one off. Me and my buddy were poking around for about 1 hour and 1/2 and I only managed to find to screws on the top. Do I have to get under my car to do this? Anybody have any sugestions that have taken their header off before? The reason I need to take it off is to get the dimentions for the flange I will be building and eventually the dimensions for the rest of the manifold.
Burnin21,Feb 28 2005, 09:08 AM Wrote:Hey guys,

I'm building a custom intake manifold (looks like the sheet metal intake from SHM) but I can't figure out how to get my stock one off. Me and my buddy were poking around for about 1 hour and 1/2 and I only managed to find to screws on the top. Do I have to get under my car to do this? Anybody have any sugestions that have taken their header off before? The reason I need to take it off is to get the dimentions for the flange I will be building and eventually the dimensions for the rest of the manifold.
[right][snapback]90089[/snapback][/right]

Maybe take a look at the Jackson installation instructions, they go through removing the stock one in there....
There is 4 bolts from under the runners, I dont exactly know how to reach them on the zx3, most likely from under, its a HUGE pita.

the svt manifold disasemble so it let you easily remove the flange and boss plate. Gotta be the only good feature about he svt manifold.... :lol:

I know the the last underbolt from the manifold on the driver side took us an hour to put back when we put the jackson casted manifold on, and we were 2 guys, 1 that hold the nut, the other tried to screw it, it was realy frustrating, next time I would remove the starter just to save me the hassle.
I assume there is a gasket of some sort there, why not buy one and use it as a template?
gasket are not the best way to work, I found that a lot of time, gasket wont follow the intake port the best, nothing will beat getting the stock part off for a template.

he need to remove it anyway since he is making a new one.

question? how are you dealing with the injector boss?

I always thought that with a svt manifold being 2 pieces, I could remove the DSI manifold and just leave the flange and runner with 1 inch of tube on em then make an other part that replace the big plastic dsi crap. then use the rubber fitting to reclamp it like stock.

no hassle for the flange and runner base and for the injector boss.

Maybe getting one of those would be realy helpfull for you. ;)
I'll check the JR insructions, hopefully they help me, I'm sure this will be all worth it in the end but what a pain in the a$$.........