FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: If It Isn't One Thing Its Another!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

The last couple of days, I've been hearing a rubbing noise coming from the front drivers side of my sedan. Today I looked closer at it and found that the drivers side front spring twists and binds any time I make the wheels turn. Left or right it doesn't matter, still the same thing. I'm not sure if the spring is broken, or it is just not seating properly in the upper strut mount. Does anyone know if this is really bad, and should I even be driving on it. Any help on this subject would be appriciated

01-yellow-ZX3

Did you get the spring recall/TSB done?
nope, not yet. Got to call the dealership tomorrow. Should it be safe to drive on.????
Yeah, are you on the stock springs? If so, get them replaced for free. If you've got aftermarket suspension, maybe take it to a suspension shop and have them look at it to see what's wrong.

They said the stock springs breaking isnt a big safety concern, that's why they didnt do a recall on all of them. I think it would be more of just poor ride/handling if the spring does break.
yeah, they still are stock. Ever since I bought out the car I've been having problems. It doesn't help that I modified the crap out of the car, or that I drive it like a race car.
guilty,Feb 28 2005, 12:19 AM Wrote:They said the stock springs breaking isnt a big safety concern, that's why they didnt do a recall on all of them.  I think it would be more of just poor ride/handling if the spring does break.
[right][snapback]90053[/snapback][/right]

Poor ride/handling!! how about when the spring breaks and goes right though the TIRE!!! I would call that a huge safety concern
As long as your springs are stock, you're covered man. Take it to your nearest / preferred dealer. The whole repair is free.
SO it was a broken spring, as soon as they put the car up on the hoist and got the weight off the front end the spring just dropped down the strut . To top off the repairs, I had some pretty fuk'd up sway bar end links that needed to be repaired.