FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned...........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...........I got an oil change at Mr. Lube just because the convienience outweighed the alternatives.

Man oh man have they ever gotten pushy with respect to other services.

Get a oil flush or die, flush your rad or you will die on the way home, rotate your tires, you need synthetic, fuel injector cleaner stat, blah blah blah..........

If I had sent the wife there I'd be out $500.

tehy sure want to give you that "anal censeing
And people wonder why I love going to the dealer. :)

I went there once. (mydads car)

Never again.

They broke off the dipstick!

And yeah, they wanted me to flush the rad, flush the oil, rotate and rebalance, antiglare spray on the widshield yatta yatta yatta....

I liked it better when you drove in (stayed in your car) they tossed you a paper, and did the job without you even getting out of your car.
jerks money hungar bastards
My ex's brother used to work at the one here in the Bay. I'd drive by just to wave and smile at his patheticness. :ph34r:
The best was: "I see you do not have rust protection" to which I countered "it gets sprayed with Krown every year".
2001 ZTS,Feb 27 2005, 11:42 AM Wrote:The best was: "I see you do not have rust protection" to which I countered "it gets sprayed with Krown every year".
[right][snapback]89819[/snapback][/right]

You have to think about the people they hire though.

Kids out of school that bearely know anything about cars outside the "jiffylube handbook"
Exactly man, my ex's brother didn't pass Gr. 10. It was always a hoot to drive by and watch him "examine" a customer's car. :rofl:
i go there specially during the winter.. just caus mi too lazy and cold sucks..

and yeah i got the treatment too (rad flsuh, air filter, wiper etc...etc..) but its fine, i always say no and they get all the dirt and sluch while i read the paper and drink my free coffee
people who know nothing about a car need to educate themselves a little...or seek 2nd opinions.

it's not hard to say "thanks for pointing that out, but I want to check with my spouse/dealer/friend/mechanic/whoever before I commit to getting that work done...so let's just do the oil change for now". End of drama.

some people need to be more assertive.