FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Will Zx3 Bodykit/exhaust Fit On A Zts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the bumpers will go fine, but the side skirts really seem like they would fit. But everyone I see selling kits sells a different one for the focus sedan vs zx3.

Same with the exhaust.

Whats the exact difference, will it fit at all?
hmm i havent actusally tried or looked to see if it can be done but I am saying no. The zx3 is shorter then the sedan I beleive. Its been a shilw since I looked at one so I cant say for sure. Sorry im no help.

How ever anything is possible with time and money. You can make anything fit anything. Gotta lover fiberglass :D
I thought the length of the zx3, zx5 and zts was: 168.1 and the wagon was the only longer one at 178.2
dunno. I use to have all the measurments from when I had my se but I lost them.
Simple answer: No

ZOOM,Feb 23 2005, 03:29 AM Wrote:Simple answer: No
[right][snapback]88694[/snapback][/right]

You fail, you didn't show your work! And how you got to your final answer.

I want to know why :)
Well, the exhaust for a wagon is a bit of a pain. Apparently an ZX3/5 exhaust will fit a sedan with a tailpipe / tip extension of about 6 inches, and subtract same to graft a sedan exhaust to the ZX3/5.

I'm not terribly sure about the wagon, although I would assume extending the sedan-length exhaust would work (before adding any tips). I know the overhang of the rear end definitely makes the car the longest of all Focuses.
I've heard people say both that the skirts will fit and that they wont fit. I'd say you should find someone who has tried it themselves and trust them.

But just keep in mind skirts like the wings west for the ZX3 have that flare that goes up onto the body and would block the rear doors on the sedan from opening.
I have to agree with Guilty when it comes to certain kits. Yes most car kits are inter-changeable between the Sedan and the hatches, it just depends on the kit itself that your buying. I know in my case that the Xenon kit will fit all models of the focus but the wagon, Unless it has the european rear bumper cover. Reason why only the euro rear bumper only is because it's almost the same as the north american sedan bumper.
rear bumper is different then the sedan and zx3, the side skirts on the zx5 and sedan are the same.

the zx3 and zx5 are the exact same size