FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Who Drove "sunday Night?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
cause my contiextreme where great....most of the cars got stucked on the off ramp at DVP and Don mills...going up to O'connor.....I didnt believe it..the car was going from side to side and I was worried about having to call a tow.....but then it was grabbing awesome...climbing up really nice..the I checked the rearview mirror and nobody behind me..!!!!!!!!!!! all the ppl got stucked..!!! :D :blink:
LoL my first winter and i've never been stuck....yet...i have ACTUALLY tried to get the car stuck in some deep snow with ice at the bottom...lol but it doesn't work!! after traction control + a little side to side sliding, car always moves out...hehe I've seen like Benz C class with their fancy tractions get stuck and my Focus just slowly go by them while they are sliding around...hehe and im still running on stocks!!
got thru about 6 inches of s**t down here in windsor with no probs........ :ph34r:
I drove lastnight. It was a lot of fun. I'm so glad I down graded in width and size.
I had 195/60/15 and now 185/70/14. Tires are Cooper Weather-Master S/T 2
I love these tires.. best tires I ever had.

Tires that I had before.
Glacier Grip - on corolla
Nordic Ice Trac - on corolla
Nokian Hakkapellita 2 - on camry
Winterkings - on corolla
Magnagrip HT - on focus
Officially 40cm in London...more like 2 feet...was no problem with the Blizzacks up front...the chin spoiler works like a plow...the marks going down my street were cool... B)
Never got stuck ever in the focus, the car is now 3 years old.. and I am still riding on shitty Goodyear Eagle RSA factory rubber. Not bad eh? its not the tires, its the DRIVER..
I drove without a hitch on my BFG's 285 75 R16

Oh, sorry, that was the truck in four wheel drive.

Ive got you all beat FIRESTONE FIREHAWKS with 50,000km on them. :lol:
Running blizzak ws-50s on all corners.. I don't think "getting stuck" is possible with these tires.. B) B) B) B) B) B)

I even have trucks beat in 4wd if they are running all seasons..
My focus has Good Year Alegra tires and they have to be the crappiest tires I have ever driven on. The moment the snow touches the ground these tires are all over the place. On my tempo I had the el-cheapo walmart special winter tires and that car stuck to the ground no matter what. I plan on pulling these bitches and replacing them for next winter. I'd do it now but knowing my luck the moment i replace them with winters, the snowwould leave.
I ran around on my Goodyear Integrity all-season stockers... brand-new, so that helps, but still... they're quite decent for year-round treads.
What snow?

I didn't feel anything but solid grip with my Nokian Hakkapellita 2s. :D
paolo,Feb 21 2005, 10:28 PM Wrote:its not the tires, its the DRIVER..
[right][snapback]88434[/snapback][/right]

[Image: bs.gif]
Ive got all of you beat... my acclaim didnt get stuck getting onto the gardiner with my crappy walmart ulysees xt's on them with 80k.
Bizness,Feb 22 2005, 01:17 PM Wrote:
paolo,Feb 21 2005, 10:28 PM Wrote:its not the tires, its the DRIVER..
[right][snapback]88434[/snapback][/right]

[Image: bs.gif]
[right][snapback]88495[/snapback][/right]

Yup, that "it's all driver crap" is true to a certain point then physics steps in.

It gets to a point where winter tires perform all repects better than all seaons for the same reason you see more people wearing snow boots rather than roller-blades when it snows. To say otherwise is to imply "my maDd sKiLz are better than yours" and that is ghey.

When there is too much snow and too little tire even a WRC champ would have to turn to his co-driver and say "get out and push".

For the record I literally live on top of the hill in the intial post and I go up and down in all weather including that last snow fall no problem, I owe it to the tires (Hakka 1's). In the same car, same conditions on the stock Firehawks I'd have been struggling like everyone else.

Off topic:

Bad hill for accidents that one, see them all the time.

Good thing you guys spent all that money and use these threads to try to make yourselves feel better for spending that money on tires you need 3 days out of the year in toronto... ha ha ha ha...

:lol: :lol:
tdot-zx3,Feb 22 2005, 12: Wrote:Good thing you guys spent all that money and use these threads to try to make yourselves feel better for spending that money on tires you need 3 days out of the year in toronto... ha ha ha ha...

:lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]88534[/snapback][/right]

cost of 4 snow tires < cost of 3 tows, 3 possible accidents, 3 extra hours sliding, 3 pairs of crapped underwear :P
Do you mean Sunday nite? coz there is nothing on the road Monday nite. I am on the road for an hr Sunday nite w/ firehawks and no TC and no ABS. No problem here.
tdot-zx3,Feb 22 2005, 05: Wrote:Good thing you guys spent all that money and use these threads to try to make yourselves feel better for spending that money on tires you need 3 days out of the year in toronto... ha ha ha ha...

:lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]88534[/snapback][/right]
If I was in Toronto only it would be funny but I'm not.

Besides, whether I'm on snows or all seasons there is still wear and tear on "a set of tires", I've effectively doubled the life of my all seasons by having winter wheels so the only real cost is $40 each for some steel wheels bought 3 years ago; so what is that 53 bucks per year so far?

I spent more than that on booze, smokes and potato chips last weekend and never left the house.

Winter 2005/06 my cost will be $40 for the pleasure and in 2006/07 it will be $32.

There is no labour involved as tires have to be rotated anyway, not that that I pay to get it done, I do it myself.

Considering all the money wasted on crap like LED washer nozzles, tacky body kits, ICE, bling, tint & blue headlight bulbs how can anyone laugh at someone for getting some snow tires?

Everyone can and some do drive carefully but nobody is perfect and the potential payback if I or someone else happens to screw up and the winter tires do there job just once is astronomical.
good to read that everyone made it....I was just afraid about my tires..cause there's not too many ppl riding on those and cause they are all weather low profiles and this and that....not regulars I mean....so..thumbs up for them. B)
Pages: 1 2