FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pro Maff Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So if I do get a 70mm pro maf to go with my pro charger what all has to be done.

When I order it I just tell them I want it calibrated for 42lb injectors correct? Also once I put it in well the new ECU work ok with it? Till I get my custom sct tune?

Just debating if i want to get one now or just wait till I go for tuning but like most told me its not a good idea staying with stock maf.

if i dont get a pro maff what year mustang gt maf would work? Is it 99 and up?
The 2001 and up MAF on the mustang GT is 75mm ,and stay with OEM maf they are better built than Pro-m.Also if you want 200whp the svt MAF can measure that airflow and is cheaper than Pro-m. B)
Hmm. Now to find my pricing on an SVT maf
Mr Fucktard king. I hope you see this post... I need to know where you got your SVT maf from.. and some questions

does the svt maf need to be calibrated or will the 42lb's work ok with it?
Are you talking to me????????????/

Focus Salvage shipped $100.

Best Deal I found.

Steve put me on to the SVT Maf after his disaster with Pro M. Sounds like it would be a waste of money going down the Pro M route.

I really don't know about the injectors, but I believe that with the right tuning kit you can change the injector size when your tuning. But I really don't know.
That answer is good enough for me. Pro Charger ecu there sending me is programmed for the 42lb injectors.

What probs were going with the Pro-M becuase I was origionally looking at that.
Ask puppet. He couldn't get the thing to work properly. After trying to deal with them, he found out the warranty/money back guarantee only lasted 30 days, the time it took to get to him.

Yikes. I dont want to bother with service like that.

Thanks for the heads up.
I double checked Jay, I paid $95US for the used SVT maf including shipping.

Hopefully Puppet sees this and chimes in.

Maybe Brookes can let Meister know that we need info on how to calibrate a MAF to the injector size.

I had a chat with Jay about this today...

my thoughts.

the procharger kit puts the maf electronics into their own housing. So, I would check with them to see if the stock MAF electronics peg in their housing. If their housing has a larger inside diameter, it will have a higher range. putting a stock MAF into a 3" housing gets you a MAF that is good for nearly 240HP. Just need to make sure they've adjusted their tune accordingly.

If the maf electronics go into a different housing than the intended stock housing, the properties of the airflow measuring are changed. I would check with procharger and see that they've tuned the MAF transfer function for the larger housing the maf is most likely sitting in... if so, no problem, and no need for a new MAF.

No MAF needs to be 'calibrated' if you're tuning adjusts the MAF transfer function accordingly. I personally still swear by finding the OEM MAF (electronics and housing) that get's closest to your HP goals without going under. Set your MAF Transfer function accordingly, and it's good to go.

I did the stock SVT MAF (and housing) because it bolts directly in place of the stock part in the vortech setup. I'm going for the simple solution over complicated fabbing, etc (like with the stupid pro-m). It's good for 215-220HP.. dandy for my modest goals.

About Pro-M... they offer decent warranty... if you catch it quickly enough. Being my first time tuning, and using the tools, I assumed it was user error, not a MAF failure... better diagnosis could have gotten me to within the warranty window.

Only problem is the cost of shipping it back and forth.

And I want to mention this, but not sure if Turbo Tom would approve, but here goes anyways, I could always remove it later :P

Tom stands by Pro-M... he puts his name to it, and stands up accordingly. He's already offered to warranty my pro-m, I just have to mail it to him. For someone I haven't sent a dime to (yet), I have to admire his willingness to help out.

if anyone considers pro-m, I strongly suggest buying it from Tom. you can pretty much guarantee he'll stand up for it, and if you're shelling out that kind of money for Pro-M anyways, I'd rather have his name behind it than proflow alone.

that's my thoughts for now.
Thanks for the help puppet. Im going to call ATI/Pro Charger on Monday and see what they say. I well post it up.
If you guys have questions regarding air flow/fuel follow the link...

Flow Management Unlimited

They should be able to help answer questions...tech@flowmanagementunlimited.com

~ Clutch
I stand behind Pro-M 100% , there what goes in all my kits and what we use and sell daily in our dyno

SCT does not like them and tells people that they wont work well because of lazy tuners and not wanting to do the extra steps to get a good MAF working properly

Altho it is correct that the MAF does not need to be "calibrated" to injectors , It does need to be "calibrated" to the range of the injectors

Meaning you dont want a mass air that is at idle .03 Thenths of a volt and at 240HP and 6300RPM only doing 3.1 volts or for you SCT guys 60 ticks to 620 ticks

You will get a much better running car and tune if both start and finish at about there limits "calibrated" of the injectors match the MAF

Tom
I thin you should tune a map sensor anf dlkahgflks g

Don
1turbofocus,Feb 26 2005, 11:47 PM Wrote:Altho it is correct that the MAF does not need to be "calibrated" to injectors , It does need to be "calibrated" to the range of the injectors

Meaning you dont want a mass air that is at idle .03 Thenths of a volt and at 240HP and 6300RPM only doing 3.1 volts or for you SCT guys 60 ticks to 620 ticks

You will get a much better running car and tune if both start and finish at about there limits  "calibrated" of the injectors match the MAF

Tom
[right][snapback]89504[/snapback][/right]

I can attest to that after unsuccessfully trying the 90mm cobra MAF.