FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: London Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone in london know how to change the belt in a 01 zx3 ? or know where to get it done cheap? the various different mechanics around want to charge me more for the labour than the belt itself...110 for a belt.... HOLY :o ... 80 was the best so far.
Timing belt? I wouldn't cheap out on that.
no no, its not like i want to put in a rubber band in place of it or anything. i just mean if anyone knows of a place where they charge decent rates for their labour. the part is 35 but with labour comes up to 80-110..... is that the norm ?
Very much the norm. Do you have any idea what goes INTO changing this part? There is a LOT of labour.
think of it like this, they f*ck up, they fix it. u f*ck up, ur f*cked!
timing belts require alot of attention to detail. think about it!
Mt Brydges Ford----264-1912

Eric from the Mustang Club sent you

Good Luck!
ZOOM,Feb 19 2005, 12:09 AM Wrote:Very much the norm. Do you have any idea what goes INTO changing this part? There is a LOT of labour.
[right][snapback]87490[/snapback][/right]

no i didnt know that it was that labour intensive. thats why i was asking if it was the norm or if it could be cheaper (which i asked first, maybe that was the mistake). anyways, sorry to ask a dumb question but i just needed to know before i got it done. i didnt want to find out i got taken for a ride at the mechanics a week later.
should've bought a push rod :lol:
"Mount Bridges!"
"They know how to take care of you!"
Small town charm fair prices.
:D Its only money. You can't take it with you.