FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ugly As Hell Svt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
my word!! :o

Seriously, isnt that a safety hazard or illegal to have exhaust on same side as gas tank fill-up..??
All I can say is, nasty! :huh:
microbunny,Feb 18 2005, 02:46 PM Wrote:my word!! :o

Seriously, isnt that a safety hazard or illegal to have exhaust on same side as gas tank fill-up..??
[right][snapback]87410[/snapback][/right]

Yeah that is what I posted on there, that is damn strange....
My car has exhaust on BOTH SIDES...stock...how is it a problem? They didn't put the tank in the middle of the hood because of this..lol
Jays2000ZX3,Feb 18 2005, 03:03 PM Wrote:My car has exhaust on BOTH SIDES...stock...how is it a problem? They didn't put the tank in the middle of the hood because of this..lol
[right][snapback]87415[/snapback][/right]

I was just commenting on the fact go around and look at every car on the street with a single exit exhaust cause the side that's on, opposite that side will be the fill up.
S2,Feb 18 2005, 04:05 PM Wrote:
Jays2000ZX3,Feb 18 2005, 03:03 PM Wrote:My car has exhaust on BOTH SIDES...stock...how is it a problem? They didn't put the tank in the middle of the hood because of this..lol

I was just commenting on the fact go around and look at every car on the street with a single exit exhaust cause the side that's on, opposite that side will be the fill up.
[right][snapback]87416[/snapback][/right]

That's coincidence.

What the hell is the exhaust gas going to do? It's not like you have flames coming out of the exhaust.

You're logic 1000% doesn't make sense. I can name TONNES of cars with Dual exhausts .
bla bla bla.... bla bla... bla bla bla bla

ruined..stock looks better..
Jays2000ZX3,Feb 18 2005, 03:07 PM Wrote:
S2,Feb 18 2005, 04:05 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]87416[/snapback][/right]

That's coincidence.

What the hell is the exhaust gas going to do? It's not like you have flames coming out of the exhaust.

You're logic 1000% doesn't make sense. I can name TONNES of cars with Dual exhausts .
[right][snapback]87418[/snapback][/right]

Read my post in the original thread, I specifically said I'm talking ONLY about cars with a single exhaust.

If it's coincidence that is one hell of a coincidence since EVERY single car has it on the opposite side as the exhaust exit.
why would you do that to an SVT?? :blink: :unsure:
its on the opposite side because its easier to pass the exaust line, that the ONLY reason. jezz... :rolleyes:
I doubt it's a huge issue.. the exhaust goes out the back... the fillup is on the side. You'd have a hard time getting gas on the exhaust unless you were really trying.

The real sad thing is the shear ignorance that goes into fartcan exhausts...
ok, take care everybody, Im gonna hose the whole town in gas while filling up, so if you have exaust on your car your fuc#ed..... :lol:

(being a jerk) :P
So on cars with Dual exhaust they have a magical gas leak detector when you're gasing up just to sense if you overfill etc. and then someone comes to your car to clean up the gas incase magicaly it get lit on fire by exhaust gases?

Not to mention the car is off when fueling, overfilling, unless you're an idiot, will not puddle on the ground, even if it does, it will NEVER reach the exhaust piping, or muffler, or anything unless it magically jumps off the ground and even still, a warm/hot exhaust pipe will not ignite gas unless temperatures are SUPER high which is not the case in passenger cars.

Feel free to prove to me that you can burn the car down having the exhaust on the same side as the filler neck.

Keep in mind the reason that "most" cars have the exhaust on the other side is because if your filler neck is on the Drivers side, the gas tank usually is closer to the drivers side so the exhaust has to wrap around it so it goes to the other side.

CASE IN POINT 1988-1991 Honda Civic Hatch back Filler neck is on the drivers side, gas tank is more positioned to the drivers side as a result. Exhaust piping wraps AROUND the gas tank more on the passenger side of the car, but then after the rear suspension, makes a turn and goes back to the drivers side to exit out the rear ON THE SAME SIDE AS THE FILLER NECK OH MY we're GOING TO DIE. :o :o :o

They changed this in 1992 not because it was "unsafe" more because it's a heck of alot cheaper, and easier, to just exit the exhaust straight out then to have a bend.

BOOYAH
what about the exhaust and heat.. not just the tip of the exhaust.. but all the way to the back.. i mean you fill your car from the side.. most likely (read FOR SURE) there is a hose or pipe that goes your fuel tank.. it might jsut be that something happened before or to prevent something from happening where the exhaust and heat would collide with the fuel tube from gas cap..

i dont know but there IS a reason..
Thanks Bering.......

It's way to much of a coincidence for this to be the way it is on all cars with single exit exhausts.

Either way, I was just making the point along with the exhaust comment about it being on the wrong side.
Jays2000ZX3,Feb 18 2005, 03:27 PM Wrote:So on cars with Dual exhaust they have a magical gas leak detector when you're gasing up just to sense if you overfill etc. and then someone comes to your car to clean up the gas incase magicaly it get lit on fire by exhaust gases?

Not to mention the car is off when fueling, overfilling, unless you're an idiot, will not puddle on the ground, even if it does, it will NEVER reach the exhaust piping, or muffler, or anything unless it magically jumps off the ground and even still, a warm/hot exhaust pipe will not ignite gas unless temperatures are SUPER high which is not the case in passenger cars.

Feel free to prove to me that you can burn the car down having the exhaust on the same side as the filler neck.

Keep in mind the reason that "most" cars have the exhaust on the other side is because if your filler neck is on the Drivers side, the gas tank usually is closer to the drivers side so the exhaust has to wrap around it so it goes to the other side.

CASE IN POINT 1988-1991 Honda Civic Hatch back Filler neck is on the drivers side, gas tank is more positioned to the drivers side as a result. Exhaust piping wraps AROUND the gas tank more on the passenger side of the car, but then after the rear suspension, makes a turn and goes back to the drivers side to exit out the rear ON THE SAME SIDE AS THE FILLER NECK OH MY we're GOING TO DIE. :o :o :o

They changed this in 1992 not because it was "unsafe" more because it's a heck of alot cheaper, and easier, to just exit the exhaust straight out then to have a bend.

BOOYAH
[right][snapback]87436[/snapback][/right]

Well you got my nomination for 'Asshole of the Day'....
i thought this post was about an ugly ass riced out svt?

edit: i think s2 has a point though, it makes sense!
ZX5focused,Feb 18 2005, 04:39 PM Wrote:i thought this post was about an ugly ass riced out svt?

[right][snapback]87445[/snapback][/right]

OMG, what has this site come to? :o :unsure: :o :blink:

It doesn't make sense.

Why would it be different for a single exhaust car and a dual exhaust car? Explain this to me please...

Wow..this site is dodgy.
Jays2000ZX3,Feb 18 2005, 03:44 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Feb 18 2005, 04:39 PM Wrote:i thought this post was about an ugly ass riced out svt?

[right][snapback]87445[/snapback][/right]

OMG, what has this site come to? :o :unsure: :o :blink:

It doesn't make sense.

Why would it be different for a single exhaust car and a dual exhaust car? Explain this to me please...

Wow..this site is dodgy.
[right][snapback]87448[/snapback][/right]

It has nothing to do with dual exhaust cause we are NOT talking about that. You ADDED that part in.

There is obviously a reasoning for this cause unless the same designer works for ALL the major manufacturers on the market, it's one hell of a coincidence and in all honestly to call it that is just stupid.
Pages: 1 2 3