FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Transport Canada Has Announced Its Latest Recalls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recalls announced for Dodge, Jeep and Mazda

Ottawa, Ontario - Transport Canada has announced its latest recalls, which may affect some Dodge, Jeep and Mazda vehicles.

2009 Dodge Journey
2009 Jeep Commander
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2009 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicles affected: 380

On certain vehicles, the driver’s airbag squib wires on the steering control module (SCCM) may be reversed. As a result, the airbag may not deploy as intended. Dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the SCCM.

2001-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Vehicles affected: 5,800

On certain vehicles, the front seat electric heater elements provided as a repair for recall 2006135, or provided as an aftermarket service part, may overheat and cause a fire. Dealers will replace the front seat heater elements.

2002-2003 Jeep Liberty
Vehicles affected: 7,700

On certain vehicles, the front upper ball joints may experience a loss of lubrication, which can lead to corrosion, accelerated wear and possible separation. Dealers will replace the front suspension upper control arm assemblies.

2010 Mazda3
Vehicles affected: 18,006

On certain vehicles, the clearance between the engine harness and the starter motor housing may be insufficient. As a result, the harness covering may be damaged through vibration during operation, possibly causing a short circuit between certain harness wires and the starter housing. This could result in engine control malfunction and/or poor shift quality, and in the worst case, the main fuse may blow out, causing the engine to stall and not restart. Dealers will inspect the engine harness and, if necessary, install a protector clip.
That Liberty recall pisses me off as the 2004 are exactly the same as the 03 but there not included in the recall I want new control arms. As for the 2009 Wrangler Frost if you ever hear about any recall that might cause a fire please post it as I will love some extra cash in my pocket.
I'm glad you guys put recalls on here other than Ford

We just got the 09 Cherokee and I called my fam to check into the airbag recall...I dont need to see anyone flying through the window....eek!
awkward,Apr 23 2009, 10:51 PM Wrote:I'm glad you guys put recalls on here other than Ford

We just got the 09 Cherokee and I called my fam to check into the airbag recall...I dont need to see anyone flying through the window....eek!
[right][snapback]285717[/snapback][/right]

well not everyone has 2 of the same cars for their family, so it makes sence (to me) to post them, and also in some of the recalls I've posted they also include child seats (booster, infant, childerens etc..) as they are usually included in transport canada's recalled items.