FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Single Disc Cd/mp3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does any one have a single disc CD/MP3 player in their focus that came from the dealer. I was looking around on ford.ca and .com and ca say they only option a 6 disc CD/MP3 but on .com their is a single. Would it be correct that a 2005 focus radio would fit directly in to a 2000? Thanks

DRyanC
DRyanC,Feb 17 2005, 04:25 PM Wrote:Does any one have a single disc CD/MP3 player in their focus that came from the dealer. I was looking around on ford.ca and .com and ca say they only option a 6 disc CD/MP3 but on .com their is a single. Would it be correct that a 2005 focus radio would fit directly in to a 2000? Thanks

DRyanC
[right][snapback]87158[/snapback][/right]

Don't quote me but, I actually don't think they fit.....well completely...

I think the 00-04 have the curved dash, and the 05 has a flat one ....I believe..

So, if I remember correctly, the 05' focus has the same stock stereo options as the escape/explorer suv's...

let us know...
my friends explorer radio is the same size as in the 99-04 focus. the 05 focus is double din, so it wont fit our 1.8 din focus from earlier years
I know in 2002 you had the option of the single cd or the 6-disc changer but no MP3. I think they added the Blaupunkt MP3 unit option in 2003, and it was a single disc unit. I'm interested in picking up the MP3 unit too.. There are a few on ebay but I dont really trust buying salvaged car audio on ebay.

I'd love to have MP3 playability but I dont want to put an aftermarket deck in my car.
For the cost, why not go with a proper aftermarket unit?

I'm looking at either the DEH-670MP Premier headunit or 770MP headunit from Pioneer. Very sweet, and integrated high-pass crossovers makes using existing speaks very possible. Gotta love it.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 18 2005, 12:41 PM Wrote:For the cost, why not go with a proper aftermarket unit?
[right][snapback]87379[/snapback][/right]

As a rule, people dont break into cars to steal an OEM Ford Focus cd player.. that's my big thing. I want to make the interior of my car look like it has nothing worth stealing in it..
DRyanC,Feb 17 2005, 09:25 PM Wrote:Does any one have a single disc CD/MP3 player in their focus that came from the dealer. I was looking around on ford.ca and .com and ca say they only option a 6 disc CD/MP3 but on .com their is a single. Would it be correct that a 2005 focus radio would fit directly in to a 2000? Thanks

DRyanC
[right][snapback]87158[/snapback][/right]

I have a single disc cd player! lol no mp3 :(