FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is It Me Or All The Svt's?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok I have an issue here (and no tissue. :P ..)sometimes when I take off from a dead stop on 1st gear and then I deccelerate to a total stop (still on 1st gear) then, I cant take it out of first gear like it used to be before (with my old clutch)..so now I have to pull it out hard...and so to put it back to 1st gear...I doubled clutched and same thing.... :o
anyone same experience???
:( they havent given me my new clutch yet
I'm going to check and get the new engine mount from VF..and see cause I think that might be the cause...dunno... :unsure:
no problems here...stock clutch
Bizness,Feb 17 2005, 08:03 PM Wrote:no problems here...stock clutch
[right][snapback]87146[/snapback][/right]

same here....a little notchy going from neutral to 1st though.
No problems here. I still have the stock clutch.
redsvtfocus,Feb 17 2005, 01:15 PM Wrote:I'm going to check and get the new engine mount from VF..and see cause I think that might be the cause...dunno... :unsure:
[right][snapback]87120[/snapback][/right]

Not problems here, but still on stock clutch. From what I've read the VF only helps steady the motor so it doesn't bang or rock hard when shifting aggresivly. I don't think it would effect engagement/disengagement from stops.
Is it possible that it maybe the cause of the infamous frozen shifter?. It happens to me on cold days with my zx3.
vealzx3,Feb 17 2005, 10:31 PM Wrote:Is it possible that it maybe the cause of the infamous frozen shifter?. It happens to me on cold days with my zx3.
[right][snapback]87228[/snapback][/right]

Yeah my shifter is stiff as hell on cold mornings too. but when its warm like today, it sometimes goes in smoothly, sometimes its notchy, its either a miss or hit,
Check this thread, may be helpful to you.

clutch replacement
I did change the engine mount bushings and it feels better..!!!!

Ill wait and see how it feels tomorrow!

thanx for the input ppl..!
Almost sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging 100%...
Maybe try bleeding the clutch hydralics.
I remember test driving a brand new SVT, and when I was coasting with it in gear, say 3rd, with the clutch in, there was drag...I'd yank it into neutral, and it would coast 'easier'. It's as if the clutch wasn't fully disengaged and the idling engine was slowing down the car...
sounds like a warranty issue to me...if you still have some left?

Mine sounds like diesel after about 20 min of driving...back to the dealer again :rolleyes:
swll the FuckiNN car
I tried...they deleted my post :(
damn mods and there malll sercuiity typoe viw of the world
DD1,Feb 19 2005, 10:35 PM Wrote:damn mods and there malll sercuiity typoe viw of the world
[right][snapback]87907[/snapback][/right]
Dam Rent a Cops
[Image: busted_cop.gif]
yes..still have warranty on it...but seems to me that since I changed the bushings the shifting improvement was awesome....
before I felt the engine like rocking every time I take off...now..stiff, like french said "tight" :lol:

lets wait and see how it goes this week..if no change on that..well..bend over and back to the dealer.... :angry:
redsvtfocus,Feb 19 2005, 10:45 PM Wrote:yes..still have warranty on it...but seems to me that since I changed the bushings the shifting improvement was awesome....
before I felt the engine like rocking every time I take off...now..stiff, like french said "tight" :lol:

lets wait and see how it goes this week..if no change on that..well..bend over and back to the dealer.... :angry:
[right][snapback]87924[/snapback][/right]
welcome to my world
i liek beer
Pages: 1 2