FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Upgrade Tranny/trade Car In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to either finish upgrading my tranny or trade my car in. Question is which is the correct path. I can get back the $$ invested in my tranny thus far, but i'm probably looking in over $4000 to finish everything. Leaving a bullet proof auto trans.

That money, seems like i'd almost be able to find a dealer to take my car + the cash to swap up to a manual, and even less km's.

Right now i've got 2001 Focus ZX3, 89000km, S2 Ed. Auto. The car is mint and very clean.

Is it reasonable to think this can be done for 4g's or even less?
Bring her in and get a manual trans. More fun to drive ;)

Must be cheaper than 4g's to do that. <_<
I'd assume Flo is right, but trade me your wheels before you do?
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 16 2005, 12:07 PM Wrote:I'd assume Flo is right,  but trade me your wheels before you do?
[right][snapback]86826[/snapback][/right]

Your ASSUMING manual is 'funner' to drive or you know it is? :P :lol: ;)
Try Mark aka French_connection. He may be able to find you a cheap tranny. He seems to have hook-ups for everything. :lol:
Pretty much pre-trade in, would be a total de-mod of everything non-stock. That would include the wheels :P (but i've got stock 15" alloys to replace them)
hardk0re,Feb 16 2005, 12:13 PM Wrote:Pretty much pre-trade in, would be a total de-mod of everything non-stock.  That would include the wheels  :P  (but i've got stock 15" alloys to replace them)
[right][snapback]86832[/snapback][/right]

Why dont you keep the car and just change trannies? Or am I missing something here.

Hehe only saying it's a good idea if he wants a lower-mileage car to play with, because then opting-in for the manual is the obvious way to go when you want to make stupid amounts of power.

I personally like autos that are built right for straight-lining (drags), but prefer manuals for road racing. Lentech makes killer drag transmissions.

With that said, chipping this auto is an inevitability, simply because the shift points need tweaking and the shifts need firming up.

And damn, I'm having a hell of a time finding the 16" S2 wheels... :angry:
Swapping from an Auto to a Manual is pretty difficult job, most likely in the end i'm going to spend just as much and have more headaches in the long run.

That and I like manual better, I never planed on keeping my focus...thought an auto would be easier to "unload". But then unfortunatly I liked the damn thing too much to get rid of it :)
unload the auto and get a manual car, your gonna get alot more for an auto and its also an s2 so that might play a factor too.

Sell your lentech (Im assuming its a lentech) and use the money towards a fly wheel or money in the bank.

it completly depends on what your going to be doing with your focus. if you want to go autoX with some light drag racing, go with the manual. if your going to go drag racing all out then go with the auto.
sell me your lentech
lentech + s/c = fast auto = Al happy