FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got The Foci Back From Colony Yesterday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so, Yesterday I picked up my car from Colony Ford Lincoln in Brampton, and they had the car for the whole weekend. I have to admit I thought the main problem would have been fixed along with the oil leak. At first I thought it was related to an electrical problem, and it turns out it was the thermostat. Colony Fixed it and the oil leak under warrantee at no cost to me. They also a justed the light beams since I went back to stock lights.

So, Last night I drove to my night class without any problems, and well this morning I unpluged the car, and started it up and left home like normal (4:30 am) and drove two blocks and it stalled out on me..... at first I thought I forgot to push the clutch in and well I looked down and my foot was on the brake, and clutch.... I thought nothing of it till I got onto the 410 and headed to work.

The Car's warning light { ! } for the coolant came on including the flashing blub for the alarm, yet again making the car sputter forward, and want to stall out but it didn't. it did this 3 more times on the highway to work, and it has me wondering :wtf: ??

I'm at work now as I write this, and I have called Colony Ford to notify them of the problem again.... but really anyone have this problem before ?

Any comments or suggestions would help me at this point to try, to figure this out.
The thermostat sealed shut, and your engine shut down to prevent massive overheating damage?

That's my off-the-cuff diagnosis, and it wouldn't be the first time I've seen something like that happen.

Hopefully they fix it properly and soon. That's nuts.
Sounds like what Nos said.. happened to my mother's van... but who knows. Hope it works out for ya. That sucks large... be safe on the way home
Take it back and tell them not to return it to you untill it's fixed.

Call Ford and have it puit on record that the car is giving you propblems so severe you can't drive it.
Definatley call ford. Just like Anthony said. A little complaining goes a long way.
I agree with Anthony as well... bitch to your heart's content. Warranty isn't a license to dam it up the first time.
scoobasteve,Feb 15 2005, 11:53 AM Wrote:Definatley call ford. Just like Anthony said. A little complaining goes a long way.
[right][snapback]86279[/snapback][/right]

Be curtious though.\
No need to be a prick....

when you have this many workorders.....

than you can be a prick.

[Image: IMG_0601.jpg]

The majority of these workorders have 3 and four jobs on them.
Yup.. within the first 4 months of owning my red focus... i had 17 work orders. totaling 31 in service days.
ANTHONYD,Feb 15 2005, 11:56 AM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Feb 15 2005, 11:53 AM Wrote:Definatley call ford. Just like Anthony said. A little complaining goes a long way.
[right][snapback]86279[/snapback][/right]

Be curtious though.\
No need to be a prick....

when you have this many workorders.....

than you can be a prick.

[Image: IMG_0601.jpg]

The majority of these workorders have 3 and four jobs on them.
[right][snapback]86285[/snapback][/right]

THIS ISN'T EVEN ALL OF THEM!!!!
I HAVE ANOTHER DOZEN OR SO FLOATING AROUNF IN THE SEAT POCKET IN THE CAR....

And Steve....

I can't believe you bought another Ford after having so many problems.
Yeah... what can I say. I drove the svt a couple times and fell in love with it. It really is a completley different experience.

and. i wanted a TSX. but my mom didnt want me to take out that big of a loan :lol:
I drove an SVT last year.

Same as my car, just leather.

Nice car.

i'm just too jaded to sign up for another Ford :) :angry:
I hate to say it, but im becoming a ford guy. all four of the next cars that im considering fall under the ford umbrella (if anything happened to the focus)

2002 Exploder or Expedition
2002 Jag S-type
2003 Svt Cobra
or
Mazdaspeed 6

all around the 30k range used
scoobasteve,Feb 15 2005, 01:45 PM Wrote:I hate to say it, but im becoming a ford guy.  all four of  the next cars that im considering fall under the ford umbrella (if anything happened to the focus)

2002 Exploder or Expedition
2002 Jag S-type
2003 Svt Cobra
or
Mazdaspeed 6

all around the 30k range used
[right][snapback]86434[/snapback][/right]

WOW.

I dunno Steve.
SVT Cobra... they're just damn sexy.
or a G35 coupe... in a few years. damn those things are sexy. One of my buddies fathers picked one up last week... so nice.
back on topic for a moment ... i doubt its the thermostat as nowadays thermostat's are made to "stick open" as to not let the engine overheat.

Have they done a pressure test on your cooling system? and rad cap? checked to make sure the fan is comming on?

maybe wire the fan to stay on all the time and take it for a drive and see how it runs (thats if the car was overheating when the "!" light came on
You know I already have at least 20 something work orders on this car alone...... :huh:

Anyways, I went in after work I have an appointment tomorrow at 2 pm and well they are going to look at it. I already told Wendy that I can't afford to pay anything since I just paid for the repairs....... <_<

The Odd thing is though about this problem the whole time it's been doing this the cars Temp gauge has never moved past normal, and days like today it runs just fine for over 2 hrs time, before it dose the sputtering forward making the lights come on as I'm with-in 2 kms from home. I know the fan dose work and I hear it when I'm out an about and at a red light.

Honestly I'm getting really fed up with the car, because it seams like I just fix something, anything really and I have to fix another thing related to mechanical. A good break down for this car goes like this.

Fix the front end ( aug 04) - Lights fail and have to be fixed (dec)
fix the lights wiring and do the oil change (dec 04) - Lense cracks on the low beam, then the lights go out again..... then crack again
Sister hit a snow bank and crushes the air damn, and wreaks the bumper (jan 04)
Change over the lights to stock fixing the problem, replace the flour consul, and get map lights installed (last week) - Car sputters forward needing to be repaired.
Fix the oil leak, and get the car checked out for the problems (monday) - Tuesday the problem returns, but no oil leak or smell of burnt oil anymore.

and on the to-do list for spring is, tune up (spark plugs etc..) Tires, and fixing the front end again with all the euro parts I got, and doing the wiring for the euro-tail that are on order now.
Okay, after my 3rd visit to the dealership this week alone.. and soon to be the 4th tomorrow, They have come to the conclusion that the car has a mod chip in it. This New News to me....

They keep running the tests, the car comes back with normal readings in one area and then when hooked up somewhere else it is something completely different. The Chip (if it dose have one) is telling the car it's over heating and the safety feature cuts in causing the car to do it's stutter problem. I already said to Wendy just tell me where it is and I'll get one at the scrap yard, her response is " it's not as simple as that "

So She Called Concept Ford again (like the 50,000,000 th time now) and she talked to 3 managers who know of this car still and well she is yelling at them now, and wanting them to take responsiblity for this car for once.....

So I might be sent back to Concept Ford to have them deal with this..... I'm getting pissed off about this now because of what Concept did to the car then telling me it's all under warrantee, and it will be fine. And it's not.
Just open the glove box and check yourself to see if theres a chip :huh: