FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Euro Tails ( Zx3 / Zx5 )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey People,

I got a set of European Tails for a hatchback in the mail yesterday and well, I wanted Tails for a sedan not a hatchback. I contacted the guy that sold them to me and well I'm waiting on a response from him to see if I can exchange them for the correct ones, which I doubt he'll want to do. Anyways if I can't exchange them I'm going to post a for sale on them later in the week.

So, If I sell them, Do you think $ 300 o.b.o. a reasonable price ? this is everything paid for, including duties etc.

any suggestions ?
Stock Euro Tails.... $400... That is extremely HIGH.

You can buy them from Sascha at http://www.european-parts.net for 1/2 that ($200 plus shipping BRAND NEW)......

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/inde...?cPath=47_22_41
He probably bought them from Sascha, what he is asking is the "real" cost door to door.

I'll have to check my records but $400 was about right 2 years ago for sedan lights at the end of the day, mind you th exchnge rate was different then.

EDIT: I bet Ford would want $400 for two stock tailight assemblies.
I'm, not going to sell them that high :blink: , unless it was to an american with shipping :lol: .

I'm just looking for suggestions, really when I sat down and read this post when I got home, I think I hit the wrong key on my friends keyboard. I edited it when I saw that.

gotta love japanese laptops........ :rolleyes:

I have to admit I still am waiting for this guy to e-mail me back so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll exchange them, rather then me selling them, then shipping them somewhere else.
i'm a little confused..

european-parts has the tails listed at 62 EURO each..so 124Euro....converted into cANADA..it's about $198.00canadian....

how much is shipping via. DHL/Duesche Post...from europe to canada..??

Is it really that much shipping and other fees...???
No Microbunny, the fees are not $200CDN to get them over here. Also, the sedan euros are more $$$ then the hatch euros to begin with.
microbunny,Feb 12 2005, 10:35 PM Wrote:how much is shipping via. DHL/Duesche Post...from europe to canada..??

Is it really that much shipping and other fees...???
[right][snapback]85637[/snapback][/right]

Shipping a pair of taillights from Germany is probably going to run at least around $30, taxes (GST/PST) on $200 value is another $30, then if you have to pay duty on them, that would be another $30-40. I could see it costing $100 to get it to your door easily..

These are brand new in the box, right? It's not a bad deal if you can find someone who's looking for something like that.
you can always get a set on ebay.co.uk for dirt cheap, u will just need to ask if the seller will ship to canada and how much.

although they are used, but most of them will be in very good condition anyways since they are taillights...

i got some of my euro focus parts from ebay.co.uk, including the european rear bumper.
Well here's what's off the tag for taxes, and duties etc....

Cost £125.00p ( $ 292.24 CAD including shipping)

Shipping was included with the price but was £ 31.25p (paid by the sender)

Handling Fee(s) $ 5.00 CAD

Excise $ 0
Duties $ 17.53 CAD
G.S.T. $ 21.68 CAD
P.S.T. $ 24.78 CAD ( Ontario's P.S.T. )

Subtotal $ 68.99 paid on pick up.

I got the e-mail back from the guy and looks like I'm selling them, I rather sell them locally then ship them. And shipping from Germany is actually more then $30.. it's more in the low $40's to $110's depending on how bad you want the tails for a sedan or hatchback.