FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Fs Strut Bar Won't Let Go!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Son of a bitch...

I can't get this damned, piece of s**t FS strut bar to come off....

the f****n bolts are fused ,,,,

what should I use..I need to get this bastard off and I'd perfer to not break things...

I already tried wd-40...not even a budge!

More WD-40, let it sit overnight and try again?
What do you mean the bolts are fused? Are the nuts stuck on the bolts or did you get the nuts off and aren't able to get the strut bar off? Try penetrating fluid.
MAlby7,Feb 12 2005, 04:21 PM Wrote:What do you mean the bolts are fused?  Are the nuts stuck on the bolts or did you get the nuts off and aren't able to get the strut bar off?  Try penetrating fluid.
[right][snapback]85578[/snapback][/right]

sorry..

I meant that I can't get the nut off...all 4 that need to come off are on there, right solid
I heard tis only happens on SEDANS :P
Drive it off a cliff.
tdot-zx3,Feb 12 2005, 05: Wrote:Drive it off a cliff.
[right][snapback]85586[/snapback][/right]

with me in it.... :o

ouch, I'm hurt..
...okay, i'm over it~

jerko Dan...

actually, why don't you drive it off the cliff for me then do that crazy parkour shizznit all down the cliff ....do like 10 backflips, right as the car explodes in a ball of fire...

me and don will videotape it, and if you survive, we'll post it on ebay...

01-yellow-ZX3

I've heard some people have had to jack up one side of their car to get the bar on or off after a Focus has been beated on, after high mileage the towers move a bit I guess and it doesn't slid off or on as easy. But is this just nut related?
For future reference the TQ spec for strut tower nuts is very low, something like 17 or 19 ft-lbs.

micro is just having trouble with his nuts. How easy the bar comes off will indicate just how much damage that earlier accident did. The frame may be bent and jamming against the nuts too????

I know you are planning on selling but for the sake of a $75 part it may be cheaper to leave it on in case something breaks in the process of removing?
2001 ZTS,Feb 12 2005, 08:30 PM Wrote:For future reference the TQ spec for strut tower nuts is very low, something like 17 or 19 ft-lbs.

micro is just having trouble with his nuts. How easy the bar comes off will indicate just how much damage that earlier accident did. The frame may be bent and jamming against the nuts too????

I know you are planning on selling but for the sake of a $75 part it may be cheaper to leave it on in case something breaks in the process of removing?
[right][snapback]85616[/snapback][/right]

Yeh..I'm starting to think that...let Ford worry about takin it off...
I have trouble taking off my FocuSport Sway bar too. the nuts are fused shut?
Try putting a long bar on the end of your wrench or ratchet to give you some more levreg(sp?) .. or if you've got a propane torch try heating up the bolts a bit.

otherwise its not really worth snapping a bolt off and being in even more trouble
MB - We never dicussed it yestreday... was it still stuck on the car when we met up?

A little heat might do the trick - but there's a better nut loosener than WD-40, and no it's not Jenna Jameson (not in this case anyways)... but I can't remember the name... SheridanFord05 might know.
i believe Rost Off Ice is what you might be talking about Adam .. its made by Wurth, and its some of the best stuff out. It actually freezes the nut abit to make it easier to loosen.

but you can only get this stuff from a wurth dealer (not crappytire or places like that)

microbunny .. if you wanna give that stuff a try if all else falls lemme know and i can take a can from work and we can meet up sometime if your close to the 401/winston churchill area
[Image: hacksaw.jpg]

I would leave it on man.

Those are bolts you definately DO NOT want to strip.