FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Stupid Question Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What the hell is the difference between a 3156 "reversing bulb", 3157 tail/parking/turn signal bulb, and a 3157-LL bulb? All of this was seen on the Crappy Trash parts computer screen tonight for the Ford Focus.

Reason being, I found a 50W halogen 3156 replacement bulb tonight at Crappy, and I wanted to go better-than-stock on the new tails. The newb at the counter tells me because the backing board of the 3156 says it fits the 3157 socket (looks idenical tho to me, socket-wise) and therefore is a direct replacement.

Am I completely burnt-out from this week, or is there a reason a 3156 is NOT a 3157?

Please help, my brain is melting, and I want to get good, halogen bulbs for my tails and reversing lights next week.

Thanks guys.

01-yellow-ZX3

3156 = single filament
3157 = dual filament

So in other words, a reverse light that only comes on and off would just require a 3156.

The front signals on a Focus with integrated park lights are dual filament. (park + turn signals).

Now I have no idea about rear sedan bulb requirements, but you don't need a 3157 for your reverse lights only.

3157LL is just Crappy Tire's "Long Life" bulb version.
next time you go to Crappy Tire, go through the keystone special order catalog and look for the bulbs under all of the light manufactures. use the index in the back to find all of the pages the light bulbs are on. then get them to check for those bulbs on the keystone website not on the inventory computer.

should help, ill take a look tomorrow also (i work at CT)

edit: im almost positive the rear tail/parking/turn bulb has to be a dual fillament bulb
Much thanks guys. I'm upgrading as many of my bulbs as possible in the near future, and this is a slick way of doing it in one shot.

And, as a super added bonus, the part number to the Add-a-circuit would be a definite plus. I need that for my interior lighting accents :)

Many thanks (yet again)

Adam

01-yellow-ZX3

ZX5focused,Feb 10 2005, 06:40 PM Wrote:next time you go to Crappy Tire, go through the keystone special order catalog and look for the bulbs under all of the light manufactures.  use the index in the back to find all of the pages the light bulbs are on.  then get them to check for those bulbs on the keystone website not on the inventory computer.

should help, ill take a look tomorrow also (i work at CT)

edit: im almost positive the rear tail/parking/turn bulb has to be a dual fillament bulb
[right][snapback]85145[/snapback][/right]

Well yeah, if it has 2 purposes its a dual-filament bulb.
Try going to Driver FX and searching "3157", It is basically the same thing as Keystone at Crappy Tire, any of the product numbers listed on FX should be available to CT.

Driver FX