FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lower Grille Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just liek the topic states...how do you remove that lower grille? I was gonna just investigate it but then the whole removal of my headlights reminded me that I shouldn't do anythign without consulting you guys first...SO!!!...how do I go about doing this?
Do you mean the grille with the signals or the grille in the air dam?

If it's the first one:

Remove the turn signal bulb holders from their sockets as you would replace a tail light bulb - grip firmly and twist with purpose, but not violently. Once that's complete, remove the 4 screws along the top of the front crossmember supporting the rad and fan assembly. This removes the black piece of cover-up plastic that runs along the crossmember. This will also remove the top portion (hard plastic only) of the intake snorkel. Put that aside, screws and divots along with the plastic pieces.

Now, there are 4 hex bolts, 10mm in size if I remember correctly - 2 at the top of the grille, and two recessed further in at the bottom of the grille. Remove each of them, being careful when "breaking them over" to start loosening them. At this stage, you can carefully remove the grille, being mindful of the headlight lenses.

Reverse to install the grille.

As for the airdam grille, not sure. I'll let someone more experienced with that piece step in here :)
Once you get under there, you'll know what to do. I cant exactly recall what to do, but I think its 2 plastic screws (fog light equipped one) and unhooking the clips.

When I painted and glassed mine, it took 2 minutes to take the bottom grill out and 2 minutes to put it back in.
If you have foglights, you have to take them out first (unplug the wiring harness, remove bolt and the retainer clip), then just remove whatever bolts are left and release the plastic clip tabs that are holding it in, and push it out the front.

Check out this pictoral guide:
http://www.jwardell.com/focus/grills.html
sweet...looks easy enough. I will add pics when I am done doing this super secret mod. stay tuned
super secret heh....Installing fog lights? :lol:
I was gonna say "two-fisted cold air induction" :D
Flofocus,Feb 10 2005, 04:22 PM Wrote:super secret heh....Installing fog lights?  :lol:
[right][snapback]85078[/snapback][/right]

CRAP!!! you got me.

Yeah I was gonna buy the ford factory lights but they tagged them with a massive price tag. SO I decided to go with another brand...Blazer Tech's. I got these on my TransAm and they are bright so I am gonna try to modify the front plastic piece using fiberglass and mold the blazertechs into it. This will definately be a summer project.