FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dpfe Tsb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

01-yellow-ZX3

Hey ladies,

Is there an actual service bulletin out for the DPFE?

I've searched but can't seem to find it.

I want to print it out for my dealer.

Thanks in advance.
Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited
Ford du Canada Limitée
P.O. Box 2000
Oakville, Ontario L6J 5E4

At Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited (Ford), we care about quality. That's why we pay close attention to all the details that increase your driving satisfaction - even parts of your vehicle you may not be familiar with. This letter is to inform you about a no-charge additional coverage program for one such part.

ADDITION COVERAGE IS HERE FOR YOU.

A component of your vehicle's engine emission control system has recently been improved upon, and Ford would like to extend the long-term benefits of this improvement to you by providing a no-charge additional coverage, program number 02M01.

WHICH PART OF YOUR VEHICLE IS COVERED?

Specifically, this program provides additional coverage on your vehicle's Tube Mounted EGR Pressure Sensor (Part Number 9J460) for an additional 2 years or 40,000 km, whichever comes first. If your sensor (9J460) requires replacement during this period, your Ford or Ford/Lincoln Dealer is authorized to replace it at no charge to you.

WHAT ARE WE ASKING YOU TO DO?

Please keep this letter in a safe place as a reminder. If the sensor (9J460) should require replacement - and your vehicle is within the indicated time and distance limitations - your dealer will replace this part at no cost to you.

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR THIS SERVICE...

If you paid to have this service done before the date of this letter, you may be eligible for a refund. For the refund, please give your paid original receipt for the replacement of the Tube Mounted EGR Pressure Sensor (9J460) to your dealer. To avoid delays, do not send receipts to Ford. Failure of the sensor (9J460) will not have an impact on any other component of your vehicle. Therefore, refunds will only be granted for the replacement of the Tube Mounted EGR Pressure Sensor (9J460).

If you have leased this vehicle to another person or organization, please immediately notify the lessee of this program.

If you require any further assistance, write to Ford Customer Relationship Centre at the address in the letterhead of this letter and be sure to include your vehicle identification number which is shown at the beginning of this letter. If you prefer, call 1-800-565-3673. Please have your vehicle's identification number ready for our representative when you call.

We are taking this action as part of our ongoing efforts to maintain owner confidence in our products. We hope this program confirms our commitment to your satisfaction with your Ford-built vehicles.

Yours very truly,

FORD MOTOR COMPANY OF CANADA, Limited

Director, Customer Satisfaction
B. Notle

01-yellow-ZX3

Thanks a lot Anthony you da man!

I wonder why I didn't get that letter...
Is that DPFE sensor Zetec-specific? Seriously.

I did a VIN check, and the only TSB I've seen on my car that's outstanding is the new rear door latch recall.

Is there a portion of the site I can check to see what recalls have already been performed against my car (by VIN)?

01-yellow-ZX3

No idea if the same problem lies with the SPI.

I called my dealer to make an appt. gotta love their response:

"We highly doubt the EGR Pressure Sensor/DPFE could be the problem, since we've never seen a Focus with this problem yet."

Idiots - theres an effin TSB out about it!

"If we find its not that, and your warranty doesn't cover it, we'll have to charge you to diagnose the problem".

Bah thats the thing that gets me, I hate paying $80/hr for these damn mechanics to go on road tests with my car. :angry:
Do what I do... tell them you know what the problem is, even if you're not sure, and have them replace the DPFE, referencing the TSB AnthonyD posted.

When I had that vibration due to ice buildup back in December, it only took them a half-hour to find and correct the problem, albeit the solution was to hose down the tranny mounts with pressurized hot water. Cost me under 40 bucks to fix the problem, which would have technically resolved itself if the weather had warmed up some (unlikely at that time of year). The reason being was between the guys here and common sense itself, I had the problem narrowed right down, and they didn't have the luxury to blame s**t that couldn't possibly be the problem. See where I'm going with this?

Don't back down, and don't let them dictate to you what happens, even though they are a dealer repair center. They can smell blood better than sharks, some of 'em.

01-yellow-ZX3

Yah I'm used to dealing with Ford dealers from owning my car for 4 years now.

It's a hate-hate relationship I have with them, and I only go there when its a neccessity.

Thats why I like walking in with a printed TSB in my hand.

I'm 90% sure my problem is the DPFE, although they don't believe me due to no CEL yet.
Your best weapon is to wait until it throws the CEL.
Without a code... thaey can give you a mountain of trouble.

They just love people who come in and know what the problem is before they can even pop the hood.

Don't expect them to treat you any different beacuse you have a noce piece of paper in your hand.

Withput a code.... thay may just send you packing.

01-yellow-ZX3

My car has crazy driveability problems right now though, its getting extremely annoying.

It's been like this for a few weeks now, so its not throwing a CEL anytime soon.
01-yellow-ZX3,Feb 9 2005 Wrote:My car has crazy driveability problems right now though, its getting extremely annoying.

It's been like this for a few weeks now, so its not throwing a CEL anytime soon.
[right][snapback]84758[/snapback][/right]

I actually got my car to stutter shake and hesitate on the highway... I punched the pedal and held it.

It eventually threw the light... I then exited and went right to the dealer.

01-yellow-ZX3

Hmmm...sounds interesting....I've got some driving around to do tonight then.... :P
MY CAR WAS STILL UNDER WARRENTY!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T GO AND GRENADE YOUR MOTOR. :lol:

01-yellow-ZX3

hahha

I've got extended warranty, so its all good.
Who's your dealer?
SVT ZX3,Feb 10 2005, 10:49 PM Wrote:Who's your dealer?
[right][snapback]85200[/snapback][/right]

me?

Discovery ford Burlington.

01-yellow-ZX3

SVT ZX3,Feb 10 2005, 08:49 PM Wrote:Who's your dealer?

Landau for me.

Are you a Keystone guy?
01-yellow-ZX3,Feb 11 2005 Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Feb 10 2005, 08:49 PM Wrote:Who's your dealer?

Landau for me.

Are you a Keystone guy?
[right][snapback]85309[/snapback][/right]

Yup, because they are the only SVT dealer in town and they now also sponsor our club.