FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: List Of Downloadable Documents, Public-domain Only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got the 2001 Ford Focus manual in PDF format, available here.

If anyone else has some good info on Focuses in electronic format and wants it hosted for free, let me know. Space is limited to common sense. I won't host pics of your mod or next idea, unless they're fairly small. This is intended to build a common "library" of available resources for fellow Focus owners.

With enough pressuring, I may up the bandwidth and allow faster download speeds. Of course, bandwidth is money, so we need to be reasonable here. I can support a single sustained download (to you) of ~60KB/sec, enough for file archiving of this sort by far.

Jason, if you have a better idea / want to mirror the content, let me know. I know your bandwidth is money, too.

PM me with storage requests, I will hand out a private email address with no size limits. Alternatively, you can point me to the documentation / other content you want hosted, but it must be common knowledge / public domain stuff (like owner's manuals).

Let me know what you think regardless. We could retool this post and sticky it for all members / guests.

Adam
I know there is a good reference to docs on this page

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=35824

if something were to happen to these I would cry.

I tried making a few of them into PDF versions but havent gotten any time to do so..
I'm gonna make that my pet project then :)

Guess what my next few days will consist of then? :D

I'll publish links to the new PDFs as I go, section by completed section.

Is that cool with you, S2? PDFed copies of each one of those links... I mean, they're linked-to already, at least we'll have some static point-of-reference.

EDIT - first two categories on the FF.com page listing done in PDF format. Looks good so far. Size so far: 15MB in PDF format for both categories. Single Zip or Rar files per category looks smart right now. :D Both categories compress to 14MB in a single archive... so far, no point to that approach.
I think it would beifeit the entire focus community all over. Have them all in a zip file. Would be great.
complete wiring diagrams would be nice aswell .. thanks Adam :D
Awesome link Jay, I never even knew that existed. Amazing...
Chris - if you have links to good, easy to understand wiring diagrams that aren't listed in the massive linked post... fire away. I'll be happy to PDF them so long as they're not protected works or anything like that.
Update: no other archiving has been done yet, but a good chunk will get done tonight if the first run is indicative of how long this will take me.

Once I get halfway through, I'll start hosting compressed Zips of each category and posting direct-download links.

Just didn't want you guys to think this has fallen by the wayside. :)
We're ripping along here, but a couple of things to note:

- the Side Mirror Removal / Replacement article (Exterior Mods) keeps crashing my Fireferret everytime I try to PDF it, and it takes every damn tab with it. I've given up on it for now, and will attempt it again with IE later.

- The ICE / Car Audio FAQ collection of links (first link) is a collection of links, and will increase this project's work load A LOT. So, I'm omitting it for now and will go back to it later if time permits.

4 categories down, working on Interior Mods right now.

EDIT - the Tire Size Calculator (Misc. Focus Mods) link goes to an Active Server Page-based calculator, dialog boxes instead of fields on the miataowners.net site (or wherever it is). Obviously PDFing it is useless.
Alright, everything is done. The last set of knowledgebase stuff is just crazy... going to leave it as it's all general stuff. Everything is grouped in their respective categories, and everything has been PDF'ed. There's also a file called "alldocs" which is exactly what it sounds like - every how-to listed in the big list. 42MB of SHTUFF. Enjoy.

I'm going to leave general browse permissions so you guys can grab what you want as you want from the subfolder I've created for this. It's the only folder on the site like this, so don't try nothing funny! :mad: :P

http://teamx.webhop.org/focusfiles

S2, if you tell me when you add a new document link in your FF page, I can add a PDF version to the respective Zip file.

Enjoy guys.

I'm not sure if its really correct to be doing that. You've taken someone else's intelectual property and put it into a media which they have not authorized.

Your not calling it your own, but its still something thats probably not "correct"....

We're taking a snapshot of all the how-tos for posterity.

Think of it as Google caching the content on a static page. Better yet, think of it as taking a camcorder to a hockey game or basketball game. Little-league game, even, as these are not professional how-tos. They're a collection of "shadetree mechanic" installation guides and maintenance tips.

Should the original authors be offended / get pissed-off, I'll take the content down. However, what I have done is no different than what you personally could do anyways - visit the site and "print" off the contents. It's available to the world via the Internet, without a password (even for the FocusFanatics.com, FocusCanada.net, and MyFordFocus.com material).

That's my stance on it. This will only help the Focus community.