FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Help. Boost Is Coming :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
$22000 for a house? :blink:

Dood, buy like 8 of them. :lol:

Then rent them out, pay them off, and you can buy 8 focus's and blow up 8 engines!!

No but seriously, are houses that cheap there?
It's funny how life revolves around cars when you're Jay's age.

If you can spend every cent on your car and still make it in the end go for it.

But getting an education... to get the job... to make the money.... to get the house.... is a road that take a lot of planning.

It doesn't take a couple of years... it takes several years. The future is inevidable, eventually you're going to have to think about it / plan for it

By the time I finished Highschool to the day I took possession of my first new home was close to 8 years!

By the time I got through school, paid off the debts, got the job, saved the down payment..... It was A LOT longer than a couple of years.

I can honestly guarantee you that one day (whever you are... a CEO or the guy sweeping up popcorn at the multi-plex) you will one day look back on your Focus and wonder what you were thinking.

But like I said.... If this is a time in your life where exspensive taste is something you can afford... go for it.... But don't lose sight of you future... Life doesn't slow down...
ANTHONYD,Feb 9 2005, 03:10 PM Wrote:By the time I finished Highschool to the day I took possession of my first new home was close to 8 years![right][snapback]84663[/snapback][/right]

14 years for me, you're doing well!

As for $22,000 houses, I could buy one a year for 25 years based on of my nearly 1/4 million dollar mortgage. Maybe I'll buy a street?
2001 ZTS,Feb 9 2005, 11:37 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Feb 9 2005, 03:10 PM Wrote:By the time I finished Highschool to the day I took possession of my first new home was close to 8 years![right][snapback]84663[/snapback][/right]

14 years for me, you're doing well!

As for $22,000 houses, I could buy one a year for 25 years based on of my nearly 1/4 million dollar mortgage. Maybe I'll buy a street?
[right][snapback]84677[/snapback][/right]

I'll give you $22.000 for Ventnor Ave.
Houses out in sask are crazy cheap, houses i would see in a suburb of toronto (ie maple, markham, vaugh) that would have a typical price tag for 300-350,000 is like 200, 000 i s**t you not...

its like some people are only working towards what they can show at their high 20 year high school reunion...not for their own personal gratification...

as for me i really dont want to go to school for 6 years-10 years to work 12 hour work weeks catching s**t...at an office job stuck inside looking at a screen just so i can drive a benz and have a 6 bedroom house...

i can understand if your 30+, an amount of money like that can be used for other things, liek if you have a family and stuff...but jay is 20-21 and 18-26 is sposed to be the best years of your life...it would piss me off to know that most of that time was taken up working like a dog at school/ employment...you gotta balance it, and everyone is different...

so jay blows his load off boost and blowing engines, tony blows his load off going to school, dan blows it jumping off buildings...to tell anyone that what turns you on or makes you happy is not right is obsurd...

im gonna finish off my saying, life is more than work, life is more than school, life is more than boost.

When people look at your tomb stone they dont remmeber your birth year, or the death year, but the dash in between...its a matter of what you want that dash to mean to yourself and others
Work is not work if you LOVE what you do.

I get paid to do what I LOVE.

I wouldn't happen if I didn't goto school.
ANTHONYD,Feb 9 2005, 04:33 PM Wrote:Work is not work if you LOVE what you do.

I get paid to do what I LOVE.

I wouldn't happen if I didn't goto school.
[right][snapback]84694[/snapback][/right]

good for you, your one of the lucky ones...

but there are way to many people that work for just a means to an end, or for bragging rights.
make sure to pickup a mustang GT maf...you can find one cheap ANYWHERE
Flofocus,Feb 9 2005, 08:17 AM Wrote:$22000 for a house?  :blink:
[right][snapback]84644[/snapback][/right]

The houses in the "hood" are that cheap.. the ones built before 1950 usually, and where you have to put barbed wire on everything if you want loose items to still be there the next day.

But you can get a really decent house for around $100,000, and the giant rich people houses are around $200,000-300,000. It's pretty much half of what you'd pay for property in the big cities. Or you could move into a nice house in small town SK for even half of that.

I'm sick of renting, I'm not going to spend any more money on my car until I can get a downpayment built up for a nice house.. but then again, I'm quickly getting old :P
Jay don't sweat it. When I was your age I pissed away all my money on the car I had at the time...I was just like you and today @ 30 yrs of age I'm doing quite fine personally and financially ;) . As long as you have other goals in life other than the car you'll be fine. Of course on this site all we really talk about is our cars so it may seem like that's all we do but we all have other interests, hobbies and goals. Get your boost, enjoy your car....but keep your other goals in mind and strive towards them too. That's my $.02.
silver02svtf,Feb 9 2005, 05:19 PM Wrote:Jay don't sweat it.  When I was your age I pissed away all my money on the car I had at the time...I was just like you and today @ 30 yrs of age I'm doing quite fine personally and financially  ;) .  As long as you have other goals in life other than the car you'll be fine.  Of course on this site all we really talk about is our cars so it may seem like that's all we do but we all have other interests, hobbies and goals.  Get your boost, enjoy your car....but keep your other goals in mind and strive towards them too.  That's my $.02.
[right][snapback]84707[/snapback][/right]
BRAVO. WELL SAID
guilty,Feb 9 2005, 01:01 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Feb 9 2005, 08:17 AM Wrote:$22000 for a house?  :blink:
[right][snapback]84644[/snapback][/right]

The houses in the "hood" are that cheap.. the ones built before 1950 usually, and where you have to put barbed wire on everything if you want loose items to still be there the next day.

[right][snapback]84706[/snapback][/right]

Theres some trailers in the park in front of my house that go for that. ;) :lol:
A house for 22grand I can just picture that show in a fix comming over....."sorry guys this house is unfixable, time to pack it up and go home"

Remember always strive for the top and not for the bottom, because usually when its all said and done you end up in the middle and that way better then the bottom
D-Dub,Feb 9 2005, 01: Wrote:A house for 22grand I can just picture that show in a fix comming over....."sorry guys this house is unfixable, time to pack it up and go home"

Remember always strive for the top and not for the bottom, because usually when its all said and done you end up in the middle and that way better then the bottom
[right][snapback]84711[/snapback][/right]

Shoot for the top and expect mediocrity?

I don't think so. :huh:
some should have closed this thread a long time ago
I should have put one of these :lol: In my last post cause obviously some people after 2 years of knowing me still dont know me!!!!!!!

But really its like trying to work hard for a DB9 but settling for a mustang.....its better then a focus am I right???

Reality people reality

Edit to make AnthonyD happy.........dont aim for the bottom
D-Dub,Feb 9 2005, 04: Wrote:Edit to make AnthonyD happy.........dont aim for the bottom
[right][snapback]84786[/snapback][/right]

Thanks.

*hug*
Focused,Feb 9 2005, 06:37 PM Wrote:some should have closed this thread a long time ago
[right][snapback]84736[/snapback][/right]

What was it about anyway?
2001 ZTS,Feb 9 2005, 08:42 PM Wrote:
Focused,Feb 9 2005, 06:37 PM Wrote:some should have closed this thread a long time ago

What was it about anyway?

Hes upset at something .. who knows.... Some people just dont like to talk about life.

silver02.. good post.

2001zts.... 14 years eh... nice... something for me to beat... :lol: :P
tdot-zx3,Feb 9 2005, 08: Wrote:2001zts.... 14 years eh... nice... something for me to beat...  :lol:  :P
[right][snapback]84804[/snapback][/right]

Have fun at it, I did! ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4