FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Electrical Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, sunday morning I changed over the hellas to stock Ford head lights and played around with them for a while and replaced all the burnt out fuses and changed the light relays for the lights and they now work fine.

However, Since Monday morning I've been having an electrical problem, and it is getting worse. I've noticed that the car drives runs normally and yet when it reaches 110 - 120 km/ph the car jerks Forward violently, and then all the dash lights come on including the alarm light, and interior lights. The Radio cuts out then comes back on until the next power flux, then dash warning light and alarm stays on for about a minute or so, then the car returns to normal.

As of today the problem is getting worse, this morning it occurred 9 times repeating the same problems, this time the odometer was nothing but lines, and the radio reset itself twice. I've been to ford yesterday and now today to report the same problems, and how they are getting worse and I can get the thought threw to them that I have no money till friday, I can't afford to fix the car till then and the morn behind the counter said well I can set you up with a rental till it's fixed. I'm like :huh: :blink: I have no money till friday how do you expect me to pay for it then ??? :huh:

I made an appointment on friday but honestly, I really feel helpless about this problem.......... so dose anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be ? or any one had this problem before ? any help or idea is greatly welcomed.
Oh man that sounds serious.

I would say you a have a seriousluy loose connection somewhere.

Keep some of these in the trunk for the roadside show.

[Image: marshmallows.jpg]

Stop driving the car until you have the clams to get it fixed.

until then.....

B.T.
Lmao......... :lol:

gee thanks anthonyD.......

I have no choice but to keep driving it till the friday appointment for 2 pm. I have no money. And for the record I work 30 minutes south / west of Brampton and the buses don't go that far out, same with the Go transit.
i was being nice...

a bus schedule should be an option.

i seriously wouldn't drive your car.
well to work it's 28 kms from my house, and the same distance home. And Like I said I have no choice but to drive it because I can't afford the rental car and I know my work will not pay for it.
Can you afford a rental car if it meant saving your engine? I don't mean to imply that you are going to blow your engine, but if you did, wouldn't the rental car be a cheap alternative?

meford4u,Feb 8 2005, 10:30 PM Wrote:Can you afford a rental car if it meant saving your engine?  I don't mean to imply that you are going to blow your engine, but if you did, wouldn't the rental car be a cheap alternative?
[right][snapback]84509[/snapback][/right]

Would seem a good idea. Whip out the credit card if you are short cash.
Credit cards are deadly, sadly you need one now adays lol.
That's the thing thought, I do have a credit card, but I have no money on it till friday. It's why I keep saying I have no money till friday, and believe me I did try to get a rental.... it was declined...... twice.