FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Steeda.ca/sct Tuning Day!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We will be having Don Lasota of Lasota Racing come to the shop to tune with me sometime in may or June and I needed to gather some interest for who would want a tune. This is a chance to meet one of the greats and see him and I in action working magic on your vehicles.

Don works very close with SCT on all of dealer training and tune days. Don is just as capable as Chris and others from SCT and works very close with Jerry W from SCT.

Rough costs are as follows:

Dyno Tune - $500
Single Program Chips - $350
Multi Program Chips - $430
9300 XCalibrator - $400
XCalibrator 2 - TBD

All prices are tax in and can change (they will not go higher)

First 5-7 Car's ONLY!!
I might be interested as the Focus needs to have it's kinks worked out after the winter work. But I'll warn you now it has a JRSC. But I have a couple of questions.

1. Why $500 for the dyno? Is that the normal price for tuning on your Dyno? Is there somehing extra that we are paying for because the expert is there?

2. I'll wait on question no.1 before no.2 has to do with a cost you don't have pricing for yet.

I'm not bitching about the cost of dyno time, just wondering why so much and how much time you get on the dyno.
meford4u,Feb 8 2005, 03:27 AM Wrote:I might be interested as the Focus needs to have it's kinks worked out after the winter work.  But I'll warn you now it has a JRSC.  But I have a couple of questions.

1.  Why $500 for the dyno?  Is that the normal price for tuning on your Dyno?  Is there somehing extra that we are paying for because the expert is there?

2.  I'll wait on question no.1 before no.2 has to do with a cost you don't have pricing for yet.

I'm not bitching about the cost of dyno time, just wondering why so much and how much time you get on the dyno.
[right][snapback]84244[/snapback][/right]
We usually charge $500-$550 for chip and tune, but because the expert is here you are paying to have him tune your car. You have to pay the $500 plus chip or flasher (SVT user's can only use a flasher)

JRSC, Turbo, N/A...we tune them all.
what if some of us already have our own SCT xcalibrator? and all we want is just the dyno tuning without the xcalibrator?
SLIP STREAM SVT,Feb 8 2005, 03:37 AM Wrote:what if some of us already have our own SCT xcalibrator? and all we want is just the dyno tuning without the xcalibrator?
[right][snapback]84248[/snapback][/right]

That is fine...if you already have hardware you just have to pay for the tuning.
and how much is just the tuning?
according to the firs post .. $500 for a tune alone
I'd be in, I need to get my car tuned either way... I would most prefer may over june.

Not sure how I'm going to get my car up there ;) I'll have to run NA driving up and install my turbo in the parkinglot....
Whoa.... that's a helluva lot of $$$ for just a dyno tune. since i already got an SCT Xcal, i don't think i'm gonna go to this event, unless you are just gonna have a dyno day, than i don't mind going...how much will it cost for 3 dyno runs w/air fuel ratio???
hardk0re .. trailor queen for a day . that'll fix it
SLIP STREAM SVT,Feb 8 2005, 04:04 AM Wrote:Whoa.... that's a helluva lot of $$$ for just a dyno tune. since i already got an SCT Xcal, i don't think i'm gonna go to this event, unless you are just gonna have a dyno day, than i don't mind going...how much will it cost for 3 dyno runs w/air fuel ratio???
[right][snapback]84257[/snapback][/right]
500 or so is is average for a dyno tune. I believe we charge like 580 for a custom tune and Xcalibrator and 500 for a tune and a chip

This is a chance to be tuned by one of the greatest...so the price is a result of this.

schade,Feb 8 2005, 04:08 AM Wrote:hardk0re .. trailor queen for a day . that'll fix it
[right][snapback]84258[/snapback][/right]

I wonder how much it is to find someone to cart it up there...It sure would make life easy.......

well, like you said, it's $580 for a custom tune and the xcalibrator.... but your selling the xcalibrator for $400, so that means that the custom tune only costs $180.... so why would only a tune cost $500?

so how much do you charge for 3dyno runs with air/fuel ratios?
SLIP STREAM SVT,Feb 8 2005, 04:23 AM Wrote:well, like you said, it's $580 for a custom tune and the xcalibrator.... but your selling the xcalibrator for $400, so that means that the custom tune only costs $180.... so why would only a tune cost $500?

so how much do you charge for 3dyno runs with air/fuel ratios?
[right][snapback]84263[/snapback][/right]

When getting a full custom tune and Xcalibrator or chip, we discount the hardware...can't really calculate it that way. It is just a flat rate for the both.

3 Dyno Pulls with A/F are $105 bucks, and 20 bucks to weld the 02 bung in your exhaust. We DO NOT use tail pipe sniffers and ONLY use true wideband.
hardk0re,Feb 7 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:
schade,Feb 8 2005, 04:08 AM Wrote:hardk0re .. trailor queen for a day . that'll fix it
[right][snapback]84258[/snapback][/right]

I wonder how much it is to find someone to cart it up there...It sure would make life easy.......
[right][snapback]84262[/snapback][/right]

depending on when it is, i might have my trailor by then and would do it for the price of gas money
damn, I would go for it, but I cant realy justifie the tune of a pro-tuner that you shell more for his skills for a stock vehicle more or less at this point. If I did had heavy mods though, I'd totaly go for it.

for now the regular Meister's special blend will match my wallet and mods better. :)
Any help to us automatics? I'd be interested in a custom tune for my specs
ZOOM,Feb 8 2005, 05:14 AM Wrote:Any help to us automatics? I'd be interested in a custom tune for my specs
[right][snapback]84280[/snapback][/right]
We tune auto's as well......worth it for sure!
No offense to the pro or anything, but I'd be interested in a single-program SCT and maybe a 3-pull deal on your dyno.

Put me down as interested, SPI / SOHC / ATX. I'll call you later on or you can call me, PM for any contact info you need.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 8 2005, 05:37 PM Wrote:No offense to the pro or anything, but I'd be interested in a single-program SCT and maybe a 3-pull deal on your dyno.

Put me down as interested, SPI / SOHC / ATX. I'll call you later on or you can call me, PM for any contact info you need.
[right][snapback]84393[/snapback][/right]
We will be having a regular dyno day for things like this. If enough people show interest in just a standard dyno day (2 pulls and that is it) we can do that as well.

This thread is not about that.
Pages: 1 2 3