FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Heat Shield Anybody
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I got the focus started up finally. Tried boosting it again this week-end and it finally started. I dont think the battery is keeping the charge tho <_<

Anywho, took the car for a spin. Maybe 10 minutes into the ride I see smoke coming from underneath the hood. Turned her around and brought her back to my parents garage. Popped the hood and I can see the oil smoking that was leaking around the cover. Same thing that happened to Tony, except I stopped driving the car right away when I saw the smoke. I looked all over for my heat shield but I think my mom threw it out while she was re-aranging s**t in the garage....not sure...

Anybody have 1 for sale? :lol:

I dont want to bring it to ford and they see no heat sheild...and they give me the same BS Tony got.
It's bullshit because the rocker cover gasket is what is causing the problem.... not the heat shield.

Take it to another dealership other than Tony's.
You can have my old heat sheild if you want a heat sheild so if it catches fire on the way to the dealer they can't blame the fire on the heat sheid :)
My dealership is REALLY good with me, I'll just bring it in if I cant find one by this week-end.

Only 9k Left on warranty, gottta take advantage of it. :D
hardk0re,Feb 7 2005, 12:08 PM Wrote:so if it catches fire on the way to the dealer they can't blame the fire on the heat sheid :)
[right][snapback]83973[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

In all reality if you look at how the heat shield mounts to the header, it actually encases the header itself so if oil is leaking from the valve cover, it will be leaking inside the header/heat shield combo. But yeah. put it back on I guess and go from there. I have one in my room, I still never put mine back on. If it leaks again and catches fire I will PERSONALLY stop anyone from putting the fire out, and get them to write that piece of shiit off. And then blame ford for doing a faulty repair job. ;)
ZOOM,Feb 7 2005, 02:17 PM Wrote:In all reality if you look at how the heat shield mounts to the header, it actually encases the header itself so if oil is leaking from the valve cover, it will be leaking inside the header/heat shield combo. But yeah. put it back on I guess and go from there. I have one in my room, I still never put mine back on. If it leaks again and catches fire I will PERSONALLY stop anyone from putting the fire out, and get them to write that piece of shiit off. And then blame ford for doing a faulty repair job. ;)
[right][snapback]84020[/snapback][/right]

We tried to tell you.

I wish my car would catch fire. :lol:

I wouldn't hurry to stop it at all. :lol: