FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb: Zetec Engine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any one who knows any one or know where I can get one let me know. Im pretty much just looking for prices. Dont ask why I want to buy one. Im not sure If im going to be yet but Im just checking things out.

01-yellow-ZX3

I think my buddy has a Zetec bottom end. If you're interested lemme know.
i'm also interested .. if the price is right
i'd just like to know what you guys pays for it if you do buy one..

might be needed in the future ;)
I found this

Brand New 2.0L Zetec crate engine

Complete 2.0L Zetec service engine. Supplied as standard
specification: 2.0L (121 cid) 4 cylinder DOHC, 130 bhp @ 4250
rpm, 127 ft/lbs. torque, 9.6:1 comp. ratio. Includes throttle body
to oil pan with exhaust manifold and injector harness- ready to
bolt in as replacement or build as a performance engine.
Computer not included. Ship weight 370 lbs.

$2500 US.

Im going to guess that $3000 CDN you could find one. Thats just a guess. I havent looked into it that much. Im going to call a wrecker and see what they say.
Wasnt there a guy on FJ that sold them for like $700.00 :huh:
seriously that looks expensive.. hell you can get a b16a for a honda for half that price and they are less common than they million focus' running around..even a gsr.. but the engine you showed would probably be from a zx2 considering the torque they mention.. the focus is 135lbs.. zx2 127..

and also depending on what you need to do with it.. do you need all that? if my engine blows, i doupt i would need a new exhaust manifold, intake, fuel rail, etc..etc..

i remember a year or two ago, a guy on FJ was selling some zetec for 800$US (in the US of course) and he had a bunch.. not sure what was all included with it..

damn if thats the price, i dont want one hehehe
Really. i didnt even know there that cheap.

Thats even better :).

It not like I need a full engine. Plans would be new pistons, head work, vavles, you name it. This is just another option if I dont get the Civic.

I must admit. Sure it would be more money but I would rather have a quick focus more then having the billionth quick civic.
If you just wanted the engine so you could P&P the head and such, just go on ebay and find a used motor, why buy a brand new one for 3 grand when you can buy a used one for a fraction of that and do all the work you want to it and have it finished for not that much more than 3000.
ZOOM,Feb 7 2005, 11:27 AM Wrote:If you just wanted the engine so you could P&P the head and such, just go on ebay and find a used motor, why buy a brand new one for 3 grand when you can buy a used one for a fraction of that and do all the work you want to it and have it finished for not that much more than 3000.
[right][snapback]84030[/snapback][/right]

EBAY can lick my right sack...
ZX3TUNR,Feb 7 2005, 04:22 PM Wrote:
ZOOM,Feb 7 2005, 11:27 AM Wrote:If you just wanted the engine so you could P&P the head and such, just go on ebay and find a used motor, why buy a brand new one for 3 grand when you can buy a used one for a fraction of that and do all the work you want to it and have it finished for not that much more than 3000.
[right][snapback]84030[/snapback][/right]

EBAY can lick my right sack...
[right][snapback]84078[/snapback][/right]

Please don't tell me you have a RIGHT and a LEFT sack.
sometime back in the fall i remember seeing a guy from windsor that had a complete zetec motor and tranny for sale .. he wanted $400US for it

I'm kickin myself now for not buying that back then
there only good enough for the one only dirty girls get both..
not saying you should get a honda hehe.. just meant that those are cheap, i couldnt see why the zetec would be expensive..
Jay you just need a block, thats all...

Change the rods and pistons / rings and put arp bolts all over. You could take the head off your engine while your doing the "swap" .. and give it to a shop that does head work. Turnover is pretty quick, so youd only be without a full engine for 3-4 days.
hard time finding just the block.... but means i just have to look harder ;)