FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Where Is My Svt Focus In Gran Turismo 4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GT4 (Gran Turismo 4) doesn't have my SVT FOCUS! I've driven the ST170.. the RS.. and even the rally car 4WD. but no SVT!? Surprisingly though.. They do have the F-150 SVT Lightning. Oh well.. I guess I'm getting the best of both worlds since they give me the option of the ST170 and RS.

Oh well.. an amazing game nonetheless.. I've been playing this for 2 weeks straight now.. They have a RS200 '86 that is putting out 427HP prior to any modifications, and its winning me plenty of rally races.

For everybody else.. If you love cars. This is the game to get when it hits the shelves on Feb, 22nd.. (and will probably be sold out for a straight week)

[Image: IMG0007.JPG]

[Image: Ford3.jpg]
taiyeungjai,Feb 6 2005, 10:12 AM Wrote:GT4 (Gran Turismo 4) doesn't have my SVT FOCUS! I've driven the ST170.. the RS.. and even the rally car 4WD. but no SVT!?  Surprisingly though.. They do have the F-150 SVT Lightning. Oh well.. I guess I'm getting the best of both worlds since they give me the option of the ST170 and RS.

Oh well.. an amazing game nonetheless.. I've been playing this for 2 weeks straight now.. They have a RS200 '86 that is putting out 427HP prior to any modifications, and its winning me plenty of rally races.

For everybody else.. If you love cars. This is the game to get when it hits the shelves on Feb, 22nd.. (and will probably be sold out for a straight week)
[right][snapback]83749[/snapback][/right]

Can you make more modifications then in GT3 or is it still the same lame upgrade system? Can you choose brands..or better yet, modify the exterior of the car to customize it to your own personal taste?
Not really.. The system is still generic.. but laid out like this

[Image: Ford.jpg]

[Image: Ford2.jpg]
Here is a video of me pulling a 14.094 sec 1320 w/ the RS (chip, intercooler upgrade, 50 shot of nos)..

Focus RS 1320 Run

5 Meg Download
For some reason the car seems to look like it's moving stupid slow in the second frame...
i thought svt focus = st170
kinda.. I hate the fogs on the st170.. and even though all the internals are the same.. the body is different! (every little thing counts!)
long live the SRT :lol:
Whens the N/A version comming here?
Forza Motorsport is going to be way better than GT4 and ill be albe to play before the end of the month.
I see this Forza vs GT4 argument all the time. Nobody has played Forza yet, but many have already played GT4. Everybody is biased based on the screenshots released for Forza, which are amazing.. but doesn't show me the gameplay. My x800 pro running half life 2 @ 1600x1200 blows both the PS2 and XBOX out of the water, so to me comparison based on graphics alone are a moot point.

It isn't fair to make a comment until you've ACTUALLY played both games.

^^ Agreed, I've got a 9800 Pro above 9800 XT speeds waiting for the "next big thing" in car sims for the PC. I've played NFSU2 to death, resurrected it, and played it to death again so far :D
NFSU2 is great.. I like it alot. Granted, it is pure cannon fodder for FATF haters, but it has its appeal. The part I don't like is the driving around aimlessly looking for something to do. Other than that, the graphics are top notch and tons of customizability (RICErizability :D )

I've played a lot of car sims on the PC. There isn't one complete true sim, but a collection of very specific sims. (i.e.: Richard Burns Rally, the upcoming GTR, Nascar Legends, etc.) but nothing comprehensive like GT, or the upcoming Forza and Enthusia. Having said that, PC driving sims are usually quite hardcore and not catered to the wider audience and age groups like console games.