FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dealer Tells Me I Need A New Throttle Body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i brought my car in to the dealer today to get a little thing fixed under warranty. My throttle cable had popped out of the plate that holds it in place in front of the TB. This was the cause of my revs periodically "sticking" at certain rpms while off the gas and on the clutch. Also i assumed this was the cause of my idle being slightly below the third tick on the tack which soemtimes cause my engine to slightly studder. anyways i dropped the car off this morning before i went to work and explained the problem. they called later in the afternoon and left a message sayign that my car was done and that they ordered the parts and would need the car back on monday. i called back and they said that i needed a new throttle body and gasket (obvs). but the secretary couldnt tell me why and i didnt make it back before they closed so i dont know why. ill find out exactly on monday i guess.

this was my first time dealing with the service department at the dealer and i was happy with the service i recieved. when i picked the car up it had been washed which i found out is complimentary service after any work is performed in the shop. so far so good wiht the dealer.
If this wasn't under warranty, I have to ask why you didn't go for the FC 65mm T/B... if it was then nevermind..
Raine,Feb 5 2005, 01:33 AM Wrote:If this wasn't under warranty, I have to ask why you didn't go for the FC 65mm T/B... if it was then nevermind..
[right][snapback]83530[/snapback][/right]

warranty
i would have gone bigger

01-yellow-ZX3

Quote:i would have gone bigger

Hahah!
:yikes: