FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Saw My First Ford 500 (on The Road) Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think they have been out for a while haven't they? First one I've seen was today on Eastport Drive in the Hammer. Looked OK I guess, a bit like my car from a far due to the chrome and stuff.

I've yet to see a Freestyle or Stang yet. Are either of them for sale yet? I imagine the Stang would be scheduled for a springtime product launch?
Seen a couple stangs... a black and a red one... only one freestyle... it was red too

01-yellow-ZX3

Freestyle, 500, and Stang have all been out for awhile.

I've seen them all on the road for a couple months now.
01-yellow-ZX3,Feb 4 2005 Wrote:Freestyle, 500, and Stang have all been out for awhile.

I've seen them all on the road for a couple months now.
[right][snapback]83451[/snapback][/right]

same here, have seen a few of each out here in Sask...im really digging the freestyle, i wonder if there are any aftermarket suff out for it...id really like to see one hooked up

01-yellow-ZX3

The size of the Freestyle shocked me the first time I saw it, that thing is huge!
yeah, I've seen a few stangs...and a Freestyle (meh, boring)...but no 500.

The 500 needs a better engine and it would be sweet...apparently sales are good though, I think I read somewhere?
01-yellow-ZX3,Feb 4 2005 Wrote:The size of the Freestyle shocked me the first time I saw it, that thing is huge!
[right][snapback]83457[/snapback][/right]

Almost as tall as a Freestar, and with only a 3.0L in it <_<
Loaded up with 4 people and the gear you'd be going nowhere fast. Still they look nice.
Marction,Feb 5 2005, 12:39 AM Wrote:yeah, I've seen a few stangs...and a Freestyle (meh, boring)...but no 500.

The 500 needs a better engine and it would be sweet...apparently sales are good though, I think I read somewhere?
[right][snapback]83462[/snapback][/right]

you dont need a bigger motor, with the cvt transmission, that thing kicks ass. You pin it, it revs to like 6000rpm, and it just stays there right in the power band. when you are getting on the hwy, 160 comes stupid fast when you have your foot to the floor. You dont even realize how fast you get until you look at the speedo.The engine rpm does the opposite than you are used to...it revs up high, and then the revs come down and sort of match up with the speed, which if your not looking down on the speedo can get you into some serious speeding tickets!

ive driven the 500, the freestyle, and the mustang.

the 500 is the most fun you can have in a sedan if you get the cvt transmission, the frestyle isnt that impressive, except for the large amount of space inside(but for a large price).
The mustang is wicked, whether you get the V8 or V6, you can shread some tire, but the 4.0L has some seriously loud engine noise from inside the car when you are pinning it. The V8 has some wicked excelleration, but the trans in both of them suck for finding 3rd gear. I think its a shifter problem, its definately in need for some kind of aftermarket sifter.
boost til'bust,Feb 5 2005, 02:3 Wrote:you dont need a bigger motor, with the cvt transmission, that thing kicks ass. You pin it, it revs to like 6000rpm, and it just stays there right in the power band. when you are getting on the hwy, 160 comes stupid fast when you have your foot to the floor. You dont even realize how fast you get until you look at the speedo.The engine rpm does the opposite than you are used to...it revs up high, and then the revs come down and sort of match up with the speed, which if your not looking down on the speedo can get you into some serious speeding tickets!......the 500 is the most fun you can have in a sedan if you get the cvt transmission, .......[right][snapback]83490[/snapback][/right]

I'm glad to hear that is the case, I'll definately ask for a test drive next time I'm in. People talk about peak HP but forget "where" it happens and where is usually some lofty peak.

From what I'm hearing with this CVT is that it happens everywhere if you want it (mash pedal). I spent some time in Subaru CVT's but they where like 69HP 3 bangers. Underpowered but interesting nevertheless and enough to make me curious about a Ford CVT.
Saw a white 05 stang on the way home tonite... noice
The back end of the Mustang looks like ass.

It's almost like the designer got bored.
has any driven the new stang?
hahaha sorry let me try again! :blink: has anyone driven the new stang yet?
sheridanford05,Feb 5 2005, 01:24 PM Wrote:hahaha sorry let me try again!  :blink:  has anyone driven the new stang yet?
[right][snapback]83601[/snapback][/right]

I haven't driven any of these cars, but I was looking at them at Dixie Ford this morning. The inside of the Mustang is ugly and cheap looking - its all molded plastic. The mirrors and front grill are also extremely cheap. Hopefully these things are among the options you can upgrade, because it was damn disappointing.

The 500 didn't look much better.

I'm waiting for warmer weather, and then I'm going in to test drive the 05 GT.

If you think the Freestyle is huge, go for a tool in a Freestar. That thing is like Darth Vader's personal pimpmobile. Stockfish has one for the Courtesy Shuttle, and I swear I heard my voice echo in there... :ph34r:
Xappie must be on crack or somethin...the new stang is sick. inside and out...and the handling and speed is 10 times better than the previous model. ps almost every car has molded plastic inside.... ;)
I'm not overly impressed with the Stang either.
drive one...your mind will change
sheridanford05,Feb 7 2005, 12:02 PM Wrote:drive one...your mind will change
[right][snapback]83969[/snapback][/right]

I doubt it.

I'm done with Fords.
My freind went and test drove a mustang this week-end.

Traded in his 02 Acura RSX -S for it.

Must be a pretty damn good car if he got rid of his type-s.
Pages: 1 2