FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Claybar Over Vinyl Stripes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So seeing how the weekend says 23 and sunny, Im going to bust out the claybar / wax..but can I / should I claybar over the vinyl stripes?? Im not sure if it will be too harsh or anything on them...
fatphocus,Apr 22 2009, 02:03 AM Wrote:So seeing how the weekend says 23 and sunny, Im going to bust out the claybar / wax..but can I / should I claybar over the vinyl stripes?? Im not sure if it will be too harsh or anything on them...
[right][snapback]285565[/snapback][/right]

i did a quick google search for this and found a few other forums where this was discussed.. in one forum, someone claims to have spoken with Meguiars who recommended not to use a claybar on vinyl stripes.
i make graphics for a living, do not claybar them
try to avoid the stripes for sure
Why Not?????
It's less harmful then waxing or componding.
I say go for it I've never had a problem before. Just wipe them off with some cleaner.
ClayBar is nothing to be afraid of, it's the "Spray Wax or Lube" that you use. It will just leave a film or a chaulky look to it. Just clean them with some cleaner and you should be good. For the Spray Wax find Meguairs Final Inspection, works great.
The only really time you would use a claybar is to remove Fallout or you have mirco specs of rust starting. Just find a lite cut polish of a medium cut cleaner and follow after with a polish.
Have fun.
i dont touch vinyl when doing any detailing. I will use some bug and tar remover and clean it good, but thats about it, I wouldnt touch it with a claybar either...if the vinyl is a little loose, you can cause damage with the claybar.

After the car is fully waxed, follow up with a detail spray, this stuff will bring the shine back in the vinyl.
thats what I figured, I just wanted some other opinions before I did it, just incase I decided hell with it and then ruined them lol, thanks guys