FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Next Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok..so far on my focus Sedan I got the following mods

Airbox modded: resonator pulled, mass air duct open and drop in K&N filter
Exhaust modded: Hi-Flo Magnaflow Cat, Magnaflow muffler, dual tips with chrome magnaflow tips
Headlight modded: Ebay special projectors, silverstar hyperwhite bulbs.
Stereo: 2 Infinity Reference 12" 1230 subs, Rockford Fosgate 400watt amp, Alpine 9815 HU

Now I was thinking my next mod would be either the euro tail lights or to get a stock focus spoiler off of ebay and get it painted and installed to give the car a peppier look. I can't do the UDP's or anything to my engine as it will void my warranty SO...I am limited to what I can do. I was thinking a lip kit but then again..this car needs to be winter driven.

Any ideas would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks
Eibach Sportlines. :D

PS. Edit I mean Prokit. This way you can still drive it in Winter. Or try and find a FK 35/40 kit
I would go with what Jay said. Lower that puppy!!
Wheels / tires and keep the stockers for winter?

Lowering your car can be a cosmetic and performance mod at the same time.. stock ride height on the Focus just looks terrible.

Cant go wrong with the stock spoiler either.
ThraxXx,Feb 4 2005, 02:16 PM Wrote:Ok..so far on my focus Sedan I got the following mods

Exhaust modded: Hi-Flo Magnaflow Cat, Magnaflow muffler, dual tips with chrome magnaflow tips

[right][snapback]83347[/snapback][/right]

You have the CAT weld after the flex?

Back on topic, agree with everyone else. Lower ur car.
yep...full suspension kit and better tires.
The euro tail lights look ghey. Lower it, it'll be a nice profile and drive a little tigher too...

Maybe get a new header since you've got all that exhaust work done anyway...

FK Kit 35-40 at AMI MotorSports, Great Price, Plus they cover all problems as long as you keep the proof of sale.

Got my Full kit for 600 Tax in.
hardk0re,Feb 4 2005, 08:33 PM Wrote:The euro tail lights look ghey.  [right][snapback]83425[/snapback][/right]
:lol:

Thanks a lot. :rolleyes:
Ok, Nightshade the rear tails. That's my new "big" project.
"drop it like its hot"
A good suspension setup helps both performance and looks. The smaller drops like the eibach pro kit are still very winter friendly.
2001zts, I mean no offence about the tail lights.... Opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of the members of focus canada :P

I'm not very good at backpeddaling.... :D

hardk0re,Feb 4 2005, 02:33 PM Wrote:The euro tail lights look ghey.
[right][snapback]83425[/snapback][/right]

Ummm.. have you actually seen the euro tail lights? Euro taillights vs north american taillights you cant even compare.

Now APC altezza style tails are cheesy as hell, dont put those on your car.
Who said UDP's void warranties? IF the problem that occurs is TRACEABLE to the udp then yeah, it'll exclude you from that fix
ZOOM,Feb 6 2005, 02:35 AM Wrote:Who said UDP's void warranties? IF the problem that occurs is TRACEABLE to the udp then yeah, it'll exclude you from that fix
[right][snapback]83668[/snapback][/right]

The problem is everything forward of the firewall "could potentially" be linked to the UDP. Everything from the electrical, cooling, A/C system and by reason of the lack of a damper on the pulley, the engine bottom end itself.

Indirectlty by straining the cooling there is nothing mechanical that couldn't be linked to a UDP by a team of a dozen lawyers.

Never mod a car with anything if you care about a warranty and aren't financially prepaired to walk away from the wreck you created by installing mods.

I have a UDP by the way.
i'll put in my usual vote for tires
naz,Feb 6 2005, 03:34 AM Wrote:i'll put in my usual vote for tires
[right][snapback]83680[/snapback][/right]

DAMN, I had my money on "naz post" being lessons/school.
2001 ZTS,Feb 5 2005, 11:42 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]83685[/snapback][/right]

did the whole school thing...now all that learning crap is paid for by the company I work for...so no need to waste money there. I think I am gonna save up and look for some rims and rubber.
2001 ZTS,Feb 6 2005, 03:42 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]83685[/snapback][/right]

i figure suggesting that to someone who is interested in

Headlight modded: Ebay special projectors, silverstar hyperwhite bulbs.

is about as productive as telling an american canada isn't the 53 state.. in one ear.. out the other

haha
Pages: 1 2