FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: It's Official, Skydome Is Skydome No Longer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
good-bye skydome

hello Roger's Center

What a gay name!
My autoshow tickets say skydome, damn how am I going to find it now..... :P
The place is still a dump.

What an embarassment.

The funny thing is... the place sold for less than some houses in Oakville! :lol:
i remember back when it was just being built, there was a contest to name the dome....

you wrote in with your suggestions....and i think you won season tickets for life or something like that

i wonder what that guy is up to these days
haha, he probably doesnt have season tickets anymore... ps. rogerscenter = gayest name ever.
That's happen here aswell (Vancouver) we had Science World now its known as Telus Phere (Cell phone company) <_<
Focused,Feb 2 2005, 01:48 PM Wrote:i remember back when it was just being built, there was a contest to name the dome....

you wrote in with your suggestions....and i think you won season tickets for life or something like that

i wonder what that guy is up to these days
[right][snapback]82763[/snapback][/right]

I sent in the name Con-Dome. :lol:

Along with half a million other people that thought they were funny. :rolleyes:
bcfocus,Feb 2 2005, 06:18 PM Wrote:That's happen here aswell (Vancouver) we had Science World now its known as Telus Phere (Cell phone company) <_<
[right][snapback]82771[/snapback][/right]

the only difference is that Telus isn't run by Satan...

still sucks tho.
Ted Rogers used to live 2 doors down from my parents back in the 80's.

Back when Rogers was still cable 10.
That's just sad. I've now lost all respect for what used to be my fave place to watch the Argos.
I work for Rogers, but that name is silly. Air Canada Center, Rogers Center... talk about corporate whoring everything
Makes sense Al, nowadays to build a state of the art stadium there is no way the city can provide enough support on its own, you need a corporate sponsor to back it, and in return for the upfront capital to build the damn thing, they get to plaster their name all over it EVERY new stadium is backed by a multinational company.

Los Angeles Staples Center
Toronto Air Canada Center
Montréal Centre Molson
Philadelphia First Union Center
Washington MCI Center
Ottawa Corel Center
Florida Nat.Car Rental Center
Calgary Cnd Airl. Saddledome
Chicago United Center
Vancouver GM Place
Boston Fleet Center
Colorado Pepsi Center
Carolina Entert.& Sports Arena
Columbus Nationwide Arena
St.Louis Kiel Center
Buffalo Marine Midland
Phoenix America West Arena
New Jersey Continental Air Arena
Carolina Greensboro Coliseum
Islanders Nassau Coliseum
Dallas Reunion Arena
Colorado McNichols Arena

In essence it's a form of advertising.... :P Corporate America for ya
Isnt the molson center in montreal now the bell center....

and my favorite has to be either US CELLULAR FIELD or Minute Maid Park
Ahh, you can thank my boss for that one, Good Ol' Ted Rogers. Get ready to see more things happening like this in the future. He also changed the name for Microcell Solutions to Fido Solutions.
You've gotta be dam kidding me....

Edit: WTF I so didn't say dam, F U C K I NG!!!!
Aka,Feb 3 2005, 06:08 AM Wrote:You've gotta be dam kidding me....

Edit: WTF I so didn't say dam, F U C K I NG!!!!
[right][snapback]83002[/snapback][/right]
Well, they have a TELLUS Center out in the west, so its about time we get a Rogers Centre out in the east.
I know you're right Tony, however I guess I was just used to the idea of us in Toronto having a sports/entertainment facility -- funded for the most part by the municipal and provincial gov'ts for the $600 Million it cost to build it -- that didn't have some huge corporation behind it. No doubting that's where the money lies, but still... anyways, if changing the name, and giving the team an annual increase of $214 Million will help them win games, I'd go to watch a ball game.
It just occured to me there's the CN Tower too, which has always been named after a company. *shrug* I guess in time I may get used to it. But I don't want to.

They could have atleast tried to get the Skydome in the name.

Reading through the "History" of it they use Rogers Center all over the place and it's like IT WASN'T F U C K I N G CALLED THAT!!

But it's good they're investing in the team.
Well, has anyone drove by it and noticed that for the last what.. month and a half or more, they erected the Rogers Centre lettering to the outside of the building? I really thought they were also going to put the Rogers Mobius logo (O) on there too, guess they didnt want to, oh well.-
Pages: 1 2