FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Installed Coilovers, Opinions Needed...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I've installed a set of coilovers, I need some opinions on the height settings...

first of all, here are some pics.. sorry for the super crappy qualities, but i was using my camera phone and it was in the underground with very limited lights..

[Image: 03.jpg]
[Image: 02.jpg]
[Image: 01.jpg]

so, now my front fender gap has about 2cm gap, and the rear fender gap has about 1 - 1.5cm gap, I am very satisfied with the front height, but am thinking if the rear is a bit too low?
so my question is, should I rise the rear a little bit (like about 1cm) so that it actually has the same fender gap (or a tiny bit more) as the front.. or should i leave it like this will look better?

thanks a lot =)

Willie

01-yellow-ZX3

Looks like the back is lower than the front to me.

Maybe lower the front, or raise the back?
I think it looks perfect how it is. What set up are you running?
ZX3 in progress,Feb 1 2005, 11:26 PM Wrote:I think it looks perfect how it is. What set up are you running?
[right][snapback]82634[/snapback][/right]

FK highsport coilovers
looks really good man,,
Coilovers are sick. With your summer rims it might tuck in the back. I think the perfect look is when the summer rims are on and there's 2cm of wheel gap at the top of the tire in the front and the back. My buddy put FK coilovers on his golf and the thing handles incredibly!
Looks just fine!
"Nothing too serious, just wondered if you ever thought of a rear spoiler?"
Penwraith,Feb 2 2005, 01:10 AM Wrote:Looks just fine!
"Nothing too serious, just wondered if  you ever thought of a rear spoiler?"
[right][snapback]82656[/snapback][/right]

I'm still deciding which one... the WRC replica (the one showed on bosseuroparts) or the RS spoiler
I like how you painted it WHITE for the pics

looks good
i was gonna say wait until you got your rota's back on the change the height, but if you wanted to change it NOW, id say raise the back like 1 cm...
how much did you pay for the setup? where did you get them from? i am thinking of purchasing coilovers myself. how is the ride?
I think it looks great! I would put on you summer rims and set the ride height that you like and keep it there all the time? Make sure you wont rub or bottom out and you will be fine! :D
Looks good....Im also intereste din knowing how it rides.

I've heard coilovers to be ummmmm.....teeth shattering. :blink:
Yeah it looks a little funny with the back lower than the front.. if anything I would think it would look better with the front lower than the back.. but the best would be raising the back up to the same level as the front.

You ever consider changing your sideskirts and rear bumper? Those Razzi skirts really dont flow with the Reiger (or any part of the car for that matter). Front end looks great though ;)
Flofocus,Feb 2 2005, 04:52 PM Wrote:Looks good....Im also intereste din knowing how it rides.

I've heard coilovers to be ummmmm.....teeth shattering. :blink:
[right][snapback]82730[/snapback][/right]

You been talking to Steve after his ride with me? Too low and two big guys means swerve/fuk I hit another pot hole!

j.a.dj

nice ride man ....but it doz look alittle funny with the back like that mabie cause i havent seen alot of foci with the back lowerd that much....i dunno but its still nice :)
hey nice nice drop i have the Fk's Silversport ...and in the back i'm as low as i can go ? ( this is what they said when i got them installed )

if u want pics i'l let u see them
thanks for the suggestions =) i'm going to rise the rear by about 1cm so that the front and rear fender gaps will be even out..

as for the ride, i don't know how to describe, they are noticably stiffer than the Apex sport kit, but they are actually more comfortable, maybe that's due to firmmer ride. The shocks/struts control the rebounding a lot better compared to the apex kit (these FK coilovers do not bounce at all, i was driving in downtown yesterday, they are just firm)

for handling, i haven't really tested it yet since it is winter and i'm running on winter tires. For normal driving, they are better than the apex sport kit already mainly due to no bounce and better control on braking, the force pushing you from the back when you brake has reduced by a lot.... i've tried to turn a bit faster on some turns, seems flatter.

as for my razzi side skirts and rear, hmmm i really don't know why i purchased them few years ago :D i have a european rear bumper sitting in my garage waiting to be painted in march, and i might just also paint the stock side skirts and put them on as well with the european rear bumper.... i think it will still look a lot better than my setup now.
here is the pics i was telling u about

[Image: resized_19.jpg]

u cant see the back very well in the first pic

[Image: backshot.jpg]
Pages: 1 2