FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Is Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to do an oil change on the Justy tonight, so I had to move the focus out of the garage. Went to start her up and get her out but she wouldnt start.

When I turn the key, its making a really fast clicking noise. :blink: Im not sure what it is. The engine does not turn or anything.

The lights are dim, the CD player wont play (works, but wont play), pressed eject and that CD took a while to come out :lol: Battery is obviously dead, but what is that ticking noise. We tried boosting it, but it made the same noise.

Can has been sitting in the garage for the past 2 weeks while I was in London. It ran fine before I left :unsure: :huh:
Battery............Shoulda bought one when the sale was on!
Im pretty sure that was the sound of the starter when the battery is just to low on juice. Its not odd at all, it happened to me when I use to kill my battery when playing the old radio to long in my cavy :o

David
meford4u,Jan 31 2005, 09:03 PM Wrote:Battery............Shoulda bought one when the sale was on!
[right][snapback]82346[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

What sale? :huh:
Yep! B) Battery
So did me cutting my grill turn signals have anything to do with this? :huh:

01-yellow-ZX3

Nope, the cold did though... :P
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 31 2005 Wrote:Nope, the cold did though... :P
[right][snapback]82369[/snapback][/right]

Thats what I dont understand. It was sitting outside in the driveway for 3 weeks. Before I left for London 2 weeks ago, I thought since nobody will be using the garage, I will just throw the focus in there while Im gone. started fine outside, but it stays in a warm garage for 2 weeks and it doesnt start <_<
Its a special feature fords have....

"non predictability mode" .. Yours was probably switched on in mexico.
That's about the 5th or 6th battery to die on this board in the last 6 months. It was probably time for yours to go as well. Darkpuppet's went after some inactivity. Mine only took about 35 minutes of inactivity (parked while I was out for lunch) to die completely. :o
Last time this happened to me it was because my amp wasn't properly grounded and it kept draining the juice outta the batt... Once I figured that out, a boost and some work by the alternator and all was well.. My car's from Dec 99, still on the stock battery w/ no problems...
tdot-zx3,Jan 31 2005, 10: Wrote:Its a special feature fords have....

[right][snapback]82374[/snapback][/right]

Thats awesome! :lol:
tdot-zx3,Jan 31 2005, 06: Wrote:Its a special feature fords have....

[right][snapback]82374[/snapback][/right]

Ok, that's my new sig. :lol:
yup.. battery.. hopefully yours is still topside :P

the clicking noise is actually more likely the main power relay, but could be the starter.

hell, I don't know... your battery is dead.
mines about to die.. gauges does a full sweep almost everytime.. was told thats what it was..

someone find a new battery sale hehe