FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Look What Ford Did
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hit a pothole a couple of years back and when I bent my sway bar endlink. Ford said it was my fault and they wouldn't cover it. Many people have had issues with these because they are pieces of [censored] that aren't strong enough to take any sort of punishment. So I go to Ford today and ask for the same part and look what they gave me:

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/MAlby7/MISC/81.jpg[/image]

Looks like Ford didn't want to admit fault out in the open so behind our backs they redesign the part. I don't know about you but indirectly they've proved to me that they were at fault. If your part was so good why did you change it? :dunno:
Quote:Looks like Ford didn't want to admit fault out in the open so behind our backs they redesign the part. I don't know about you but indirectly they've proved to me that they were at fault. If your part was so good why did you change it?

I was told they changed the tie rod design halfway through 2001. I changed my passenger side one like 3 months ago and it looked nothing like that. The one I put in had a "ball & socket" at one end that screwed into the rack. It also only cost $28. Unless they changed the rack and all I don't see how the above one could work.
MAlby7,Jan 31 2005, 02:47 PM Wrote:I hit a pothole a couple of years back and when I bent my tie rod Ford said it was my fault and they wouldn't cover it.  Many people have had issues with these poorly made tie rods bcause they are pieces of s**t that aren't strong enough to take any sort of punishment.  So I go to Ford today and ask for the same tie rod and look what they gave me:

[Image: 81.jpg]

Looks like Ford didn't want to admit fault out in the open so behind our backs they redesign the part.  I don't know about you but indirectly they've proved to me that they were at fault.  If your part was so good why did you change it?
[right][snapback]82284[/snapback][/right]

They did this with the center caps on the wheels.

I first went in and asked them to give me another one because one fell off. They said they couldn't because they didn't have the broken part to send back to Ford.... So I bought one.

I installed it and week later lost another. After replacing several on my own, I got on that looked a little different.

They improved the part... Spelling out they were defective.

I know it;s small.... but still.
MAlby7,Jan 31 2005, 06:47 PM Wrote:I hit a pothole a couple of years back and when I bent my tie rod Ford said it was my fault and they wouldn't cover it.  Many people have had issues with these poorly made tie rods bcause they are pieces of s**t that aren't strong enough to take any sort of punishment.  So I go to Ford today and ask for the same tie rod and look what they gave me:

[Image: 81.jpg]

Looks like Ford didn't want to admit fault out in the open so behind our backs they redesign the part.  I don't know about you but indirectly they've proved to me that they were at fault.  If your part was so good why did you change it?
[right][snapback]82284[/snapback][/right]

maybe thats because thats not a tie rod end!

its an end link :blink:

but yea they are definately a better design than the old ones. but they redesigned them because the old ones were noisy, not because they bend.

How tough are those to replace?
Quote:maybe thats because thats not a tie rod end!

but yea they are definately a better design than the old ones. but they redesigned them because the old ones were noisy, not because they bend.

Whatever it's called, why you such a smart ass all the time for?
silver02svtf,Jan 31 2005, 01:47 PM Wrote:
Jays2000ZX3,Jan 31 2005, 05:17 PM Wrote:MAke the kit yourself people!

With that kind of money you can have a kit with standalone TUNED and cash left over.
[right][snapback]82256[/snapback][/right]

I'd love to if I had the time and mechnical skill/knowledge to build a reliable kit. I'm more concerned with reliability than power myself but if you know anyone who can build a reliable well engineered custom turbo kit for me for ~$4-5K let me know and I'll open up my wallet. ;)
[right][snapback]82283[/snapback][/right]

ANTHONYD,Jan 31 2005, 02:15 PM Wrote:How tough are those to replace?
[right][snapback]82292[/snapback][/right]

Jack up front of car on both sides, 2 bolts off, take out piece, put new piece, 2 bolts on, repeat on other side, lower car.
ANTHONYD,Jan 31 2005, 07:15 PM Wrote:How tough are those to replace?
[right][snapback]82292[/snapback][/right]

If it is your first time it will take you about 2hrs both side(1hr 1/2 on the first side), just make sure you have WD40 and a very strong arm. Because there will be not place for you to use a extention bar, and it is all rush up.
boost til'bust,Jan 31 2005, 02:1 Wrote:maybe thats because thats not a tie rod end!

[right][snapback]82291[/snapback][/right]

My focus is a 2000 and when it hit some bumps I hear noises like a clunk in the suspension or something is this what it could be?
ZX3 in progress,Feb 1 2005, 01:20 AM Wrote:
boost til'bust,Jan 31 2005, 02:1 Wrote:maybe thats because thats not a tie rod end!

[right][snapback]82291[/snapback][/right]

My focus is a 2000 and when it hit some bumps I hear noises like a clunk in the suspension or something is this what it could be?
[right][snapback]82403[/snapback][/right]

Quite possible.

The last time I was having an oil change at Ford, the tech came in and told me there was some play in one of the knuckles.

He said it's no big deal, I just might hear some faint clunking when going over some bumps.

I know exactly when I jared it loose too. I was bootin' down Rebecca street in Oakvile when I hit a pothole the size of a buick and as deep as Paris Hilton's throat.

I thought the whole front end was going to break off. :o