FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: European Headlight Switch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I ordered my Euro tails from the UK and well I want to hook up the rear fog light function of them. I was told I need to get the European headlamp / Foglights switch with the leveler in it to hook them up right.

So, Dose Anyone know where to order it from ? :huh:
I don't think you need it. If you want the rear fogs to come on with the front fogs you just need to splice in a relay switch somewhere along the front fog wiring.
try Sascha.
If you want the rear fog to come on with your front fogs, you could just wire it up to the same signal..

The european switch has a seperate switch for the rear fog I believe, so if you want it to be able to work independantly of the front fogs, you could go with that. Or else get any kind of switch and mount it anywhere for the rear fog.

If you want the OEM european light switch, Sascha from european-parts.net and get it straight from Germany. You could also see if Mitch from zx3tuning.com has a hookup for OEM euro parts when he gets back from Europe next month.
My personal opinion. Why are the N. America's Focus look so aweful compare to the European models? I was at Rome for Xmas last month and I saw the hatchback and the wagon models, they are so so so beautiful. They are so detailed with those headlights and taillights and the fog lights. Sigh.. I think those European must be laughing their head off when they see our Focus..
cowymo,Jan 31 2005, 01:41 AM Wrote:Sigh..  I think those European must be laughing their head off when they see our Focus..
[right][snapback]82156[/snapback][/right]

You'd be surprised. Many envy our Focus's. In an engine sense for one, can you imagine what a 1.4L Focus would be like? I've seen many convert there taillights to NA spec to get rid of the amber turn signal and bumper mounted reverse (delete rear fog) for a cleaner look. Buddy from Wales in the other thread has APC tails, it's horrid to us but cool and different there.
to the point you get in a magazine.

The grass is always greener on the other side, the best you can do is take the best of both worlds. I like to think I am on that road..........

A leather clad automatic with 2.0L ZETEC in Europe would cost, dollar for dollar, much more than I paid. If any of them are reading I paid about; $25,000CDN.
I have a euro headlight switch here unused and it has a provision for adjusting you headlights if they had motors in them but only has front fog settings, no rear.

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showfla...ge=5#2416608040
Where did you get it from ZX3 cannuck ? and what site ? and how much ?

The Euro switch I'm looking for is similar to that one but with the two other functions of Rear Fog light, and Dimmer switch included with the light leveler.

Here's a Picture of a Right Hand Drive ( GB ) Version in Blue on E-bay
e-Bay.co.uk