FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ok, This Is Fawked.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just went out for a quick spin to deliver something to my cousin, and when I got back home (not 10 min in total) my key won't come out of the ignition cylinder. Yes it is stuck in there. The key will turn and turn the car on and off easily, but the key will not come out. After struggling for 5 min, I back outta my spot went around the block again and parked, same stuff. Car will again turn on and move but I cannot remove the key.

What gives??? I have a 2002 zx3... has this happened to anyone before?

please don't say jiggle it, cause I sat there for 15 min in total jiggling, and I drove it around the block once too...

No the key was not wet or any liquid so its not frozen in there either.
try wiggling, see I didn't say jiggling, the steering wheel while you try to remove the key.

It's either that or your car is reacting to the amount of rice you put in it :lol: :lol: :lol:
You might have a problem with your ignition cylinder as many of us have had!
meford4u,Jan 28 2005, 03:54 AM Wrote:try wiggling, see I didn't say jiggling, the steering wheel while you try to remove the key.

It's either that or your car is reacting to the amount of rice you put in it :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]81575[/snapback][/right]

Wow you actually are a fag. Anybody have any real advice?
ZOOM,Jan 28 2005, 03:59 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jan 28 2005, 03:54 AM Wrote:try wiggling, see I didn't say jiggling, the steering wheel while you try to remove the key.

It's either that or your car is reacting to the amount of rice you put in it :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]81575[/snapback][/right]

Wow you actually are a fag. Anybody have any real advice?
[right][snapback]81581[/snapback][/right]

No really, I wasn't kidding. This can sometimes losen the tumblers in the ignition cylinder. Had it happen in our Focus last summer. After it happened twice the boy fuked around with it and it was fine after that.

Don't think i am always being a fuktard. And married guys aren't usually gay. I think
well if you read my post I sat there for 5 min and 10 min on two different occassions JIGGLING it, which is pretty much the same as wiggling it.
Pretty much, but not EXACTLY!

Obvious question: foot on the brake when trying to remove the key? Give the cylinder a few good whacks... might loosen up a jammed tumbler...
ZOOM,Jan 27 2005, 10:29 PM Wrote:well if you read my post I sat there for 5 min and 10 min on two different occassions JIGGLING it, which is pretty much the same as wiggling it.
[right][snapback]81586[/snapback][/right]

No actually meford4u really wasnt being a fuktard this time, he said to try jiggling the steering wheel.

Never had my key not want to come out, only had it not want to turn to start without jiggling the wheel.
Bang the steering wheel around good ... (but dont go overboard .. sorry pi anthony) ....

Bang it to the point where you know you wont be bending anything... Mine got stuck and I gave it a couple really hard hits and it loosen up.
I never mentioned this but I luckily had my mag light in the car with me, I gave the wheel a couple good whacks and a few light taps to the key itself (I mean really light) no dice guys.

well I'll keep y'all updated, its going to ford in about 7 hours.
Try turning the key a hair towards the Acc position and pulling on it then... maybe it rotated a tad out of alignment, and you're not really lined up. Seen that happen with my old Celebrity wagon I had.

I'm super-tired, so I'm not sure that made sense. :lol:
"Zoom try and remain calm!"

I've been there you my need to
crank the steering wheel HARD (right or left).
In order for the key to be released.

Careful with the wiggle could disslodge the ignition lock barrel.
Same thing happened to my wife's Caravan. Another bit of advice, avoid putting too many keys or any other junk on your key chain with your car keys. That added weight overtime f'ks up your tumblers. I only have my car keys and 1 house key on mine. Zoom try spraying a little WD-40 in there. ;)
silver02svtf,Jan 28 2005, 11:53 AM Wrote:......, avoid putting too many keys or any other junk on your key chain with your car keys.  That added weight overtime f'ks up your tumblers.  ....[right][snapback]81616[/snapback][/right]
Yup, if I remember right that is even in the owners manual.
if the key is still in there LEAVE IT ALONE its a lot easier to remove the lock cylinder if you can turn the key.. (they won't have to drill)

i personally used the spare key to open the door and the stuck key to turn the car on
My GF's auto accord does the same thing. We ususally actually wiggle the shifter when it s in park, and it ususally comes out.

Dont know if that will work on the focus tho.
silver02svtf,Jan 28 2005, 05:53 AM Wrote:Another bit of advice, avoid putting too many keys or any other junk on your key chain with your car keys.
[right][snapback]81616[/snapback][/right]

Tony, you should really take off all those hello kitty metal keychains or you'll screw up your ignition cylinder!

Let us know what happens big guy.
Ok, this is fawked up even more now.

I also have been noticing a burning smell coming from my car when the heater is on and I am sitting at a light recently.

Today as I was driving to ford this morning, I turn on my heater and all of a sudden smoke starts billowing out of my vents. I'm getting nervous now I am about 5 min away from ford. I zip it down there as fast as possible but I get stuck at a light and i notice LOTS of smoke coming from under my hood, I am freaking out now.

I get to ford with the utmost speed, and I park my car, and run inside ford looking for a tech, he notices IGNITED oil dripping down from underneath my car...

There is a fire under the hood of my fawking car. The paint on the top of my hood starts to peel and they bring out the fire extinguisher....

They put out the fire and there seems to be no real damage to the car, the valve cover is somewhat melted and the hood is completely fawked... This is begining to scare me.

I checked my hids to see if any wires were toasted (first thing I had to do...) lol, and they are fine (BIIIIG sigh of relief). Seems to be limited to what i wrote above. I'm at the computer lab at school, and I go back to ford within the hour to find out what they have found out. Wish me luck guys, my baby was burning....

At least I can say I have a hot ride.... ;)

Oh yeah. And my key is still stuck in the ignition...

I guess god did not deem it punishment enough to have to drive a automatic focus, so he tried to burn it to the ground ala Jay styles.
ZOOM,Jan 28 2005, 01:13 PM Wrote:At least I can say I have a hot ride....  ;)

[right][snapback]81696[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

Thats shitty news man. Did you get a notice for the battery cable recall? :huh:
someone is having an awsome day so far..... :unsure:

very sorry to hear this tony. Hope all turn well for you man, you put so much efforts into this car, you deserve it to run well at least....

damn ford... who knows... maybe your cruise control sensor.... :rolleyes: ala f150.... or egr tube....
Pages: 1 2 3