FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ipod Touch Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's up folks. Wonder if you could help me out. As of about an hour ago my Ipod touch is acting kinda funny.

When I plug it into the back of my computer, it will sync with it, BUT up in the top corner where the battery icon is, it rapidly flashes between the "plug" icon and the little "current/voltage" icon.

I restored it to it's original settings, thinking that it would help but it is still continuing to flicker rapidly between those 2 icons.

I checked to make sure it was properly plugged into the back of the computer and in the botom of the actual unit, it will sync up with pc and accept files/music to it.

The plug is in good condition (no tears or bends in cord) I just hope that the unit (which is only 2 months old isn't defective)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
NikiterZTS,Apr 21 2009, 06:10 AM Wrote:Uh huh....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Ipod+Touch+forums
[right][snapback]285479[/snapback][/right]

Thats awesome :lol:
I haven't had that issue with my iTouch but I am thinking it may be a battery issue. Have you tried killing the battery and using a wall charger to fully charge it again?
Thats cool.
Expanded on Nik's idea with a solution:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dynamite
Yup, good ol Nik comes through yet again!

Kev thanks for that idea, I might run out and grab a regular charger as opposed just charging it through the USB port.
Its worth a try. Back in the day when Apple cared about their customers they included a wall charger with their iPods. I am using the one I got with my 20gb iPod Photo back in the day. The battery in that is totally cooked though. I might buy a replacement for it and use it as an external drive or just load it up with music and use it by the pool.
So did you get it sorted out?

Posted from my iTouch. :rolleyes:
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 21 2009, 10:11 PM Wrote:So did you get it sorted out?

Posted from my iTouch.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]285558[/snapback][/right]

Sorry no Kev, no just yet. Im gonna try tomorow to see if it charges when I connect it to my Alpine in the car and see what happens. Busy schedule next couple of days. I will definately "update" as soon as I find out. My last recourse is hitting the Apple store @ Fairview mall and see what transpires. :ph34r:
Let me know how that works out for you. I attempted to get some tech support from al Apple store and they were useless. Don't even try to call the Apple support line, they were even worse. Speaking from my experience. With my issue they basically told me to jailbreak it.
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 21 2009, 11:11 PM Wrote:So did you get it sorted out?

Posted from my iTouch.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]285558[/snapback][/right]

Hopefully he gets it soon.

Posted from my iPhone 3G OHSNAP IT'S ATRAP. CALL 9-1-waitwhyisthereanexclamationmarkthere??? 9-1-ONNNNNNE-LOUSYf***INGPIECEOFs***I'LLDIALITMYSELF!!!

:lol:
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 22 2009, 06:17 AM Wrote:Let me know how that works out for you. I attempted to get some tech support from al Apple store and they were useless. Don't even try to call the Apple support line, they were even worse. Speaking from my experience. With my issue they basically told me to jailbreak it.
[right][snapback]285568[/snapback][/right]

My GF has had to make use of the tech support at the Apple store in the Eaton's Center several times. It was always a short wait and they solved the problem in minutes every time.

-George
*Update*

Tried charging my Itouch in my car to the USB connection I have run to my deck.....charges fine.

Also went to the Apple store @ Fairview, they checked it out and were no problems with the acual unit or the charging/usb cord that came with it. One of their 'tech' guys probably figures that it might be my actual USB port on the back of my ancient pc that might be the cause.

I also tried to charge with my ladie's Iphone wall charger and works perfectly fine. Process of elimination, ends up being my computer.
Time to buy a new laptop. :)
Dimitri,Apr 23 2009, 04:15 PM Wrote:*Update*

Tried charging my Itouch in my car to the USB connection I have run to my deck.....charges fine.

Also went to the Apple store @ Fairview, they checked it out and were no problems with the acual unit or the charging/usb cord that came with it. One of their 'tech' guys probably figures that it might be my actual USB port on the back of my ancient pc that might be the cause.

I also tried to charge with my ladie's Iphone wall charger and works perfectly fine. Process of elimination, ends up being my computer.
[right][snapback]285693[/snapback][/right]

Could be as simple as getting a fixed mobo for your computer... much cheaper fix than buying a new machine.

what CPU is it running?
is it something to do with usb 1.1 vs usb 2.1 type of port? maybe you have too much current draw from your existing usb devices and its affecting your iPod touch? but if you have no usb devices connected to your mobo, maybe something internal could be causign it, can you isolate your usb port? sometimes its not directly on your mobo but on a seperate port with a wire you can disconnect, some motherboards have a higher usb current pinout inside but unused,, try seeing if you have any available or free usb pinouts on your mobo and swapping it
darkpuppet,Apr 24 2009, 09:58 AM Wrote:
Dimitri,Apr 23 2009, 04:15 PM Wrote:*Update*

[right][snapback]285693[/snapback][/right]

Could be as simple as getting a fixed mobo for your computer... much cheaper fix than buying a new machine.

what CPU is it running?
[right][snapback]285753[/snapback][/right]

I'm not sure that anyone "fixes" MB's anymore, I had an ASUS MB that blew its USB ports twice and each time the entire board had to be swapped (All within the first year)

If the machine is too old it may not even be possible to get the exact same MB anyways. In which case you're looking at having to build up a "new" machine anyhow.

NefCanuck
The computer that I have is pretty much almost a decade old. It's been upgraded over the years, but most parts are still original (Still rockin my original Syncmaster Samsung CRT 17" screen lol).

My home pc I relegate to basic stuff, e-mails, mp3's, and cruising the boards.
Anything that is work related or I need to run some serious app's I use my work laptop.

One of these days I'll bite the bullet and stroll into Tiger Direct and build a suitable home pc that will meet both ends of the spectrum.

Thanks for all your input guys I do appreciate it.

*waits for the clamouring to stop*

Go to Staples or any other PC shop. Literally. Buy a PCI-based USB 2.0 card. Plug it into a free PCI slot on the motherboard. Windows XP ought to have decent enough drivers for most root hubs (the onboard chipset on the card that makes the USB ports work). Otherwise, install the drivers that would have come on a CD with the new card. Plug in your phone/device. Done.

EDIT - don't play with the existing ports and pinouts - by sheer accident you might fry some much-needed ports on the board. For the cost and time involved, when in doubt... add 2-4 more USB ports. :)
Pages: 1 2