FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Aftermarket Hid Conversion Kit (h4 Harness)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have just ordered a set of HID conversion cable for CAD$40.

This is a set of cable which branches out into 2, each for one bulb. Then one end will be connected to the battery (directly) and the other end is fixed with something like a fuse (they call it differently). Then one of the stock bulb socket will fit into this fuse to control the 2 bulbs.

(I really hope you know what I'm trying to say, unfortunately, I have got no picture to show)

Anyway, the question is how can I wire them up the cable (connecting the bulbs) in such a way that I can still put the rear rubber cover back on?

Also should I change the fuse from 10A to 15A or 20A??

01-yellow-ZX3

HID conversion cable? :huh:

For stock headlights? or machs?
cowymo,Jan 24 2005, 11:45 PM Wrote:Also should I change the fuse from 10A to 15A or 20A??
[right][snapback]80625[/snapback][/right]
Why not a wad of tin foil while you are at it?

WHAT THE HELL IS A HID CONVERSSSION CABLE!?

I have no idea what you are talking about. :huh: :unsure:

:lol:
Firstly:

Stock headlights have too many reflective surfaces to just throw HID's in them and avoid blinding anyone on the road.

Secondly:

$40 will buy you maybe a pair of silverstars, or one broken HID bulb

Thirdly:

Unless you're talking about the ballast, I have no idea what else you would need to connect...

overall, bad idea

01-yellow-ZX3

my mad tite hid cable makes my bulbs sh00t far y0!!11!! pimp tyte!1!!
It's a HID kit that converts your stock headlights to HID's, Wiring, Bulbs (Lo/Hi Bean) or what the hell is HID conversion cable, maybe just the wiring harness you still need the bulbs! :huh:

http://www.hidexpress.com or http://www.hidplace.com
for 40 bucks I think you just got taken man.
Wait I think I know what he is talking about, its a JDM part. When you instal your cable you may also want to top up your blinker fluid too:

http://www.geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/

I feel bad about doing this, honest.

01-yellow-ZX3

At least he had the balls to post this after 10 posts right?
:lol:
Well.. it is not blinker fluid. It is a cable which runs from the battery and branches out into 2 where u can connect Stage 1 or 2 HID bulbs. Using the stock bulb socket as a switching control and inbetween the circuit, there is something like fuse.

the problem with me is I have changed my bulbs into HID bulbs and all of them blew one after one. The guy at the auto shop told me that it is better to have this set of cable which will have better supply of current to the bulbs which will keep their lives longer.

The guy at the shop calls it the H4 Harness.
Does this product have a webpage or something? I really am not picturing this well.
2001 ZTS,Jan 25 2005, 02:55 AM Wrote:Does this product have a webpage or something? I really am not picturing this well.
[right][snapback]80702[/snapback][/right]

I wish I can have a picture. I'm now searching on the web. :)
cowymo,Jan 25 2005, 02:56 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Jan 25 2005, 02:55 AM Wrote:Does this product have a webpage or something? I really am not picturing this well.
[right][snapback]80702[/snapback][/right]

I wish I can have a picture. I'm now searching on the web. :)
[right][snapback]80703[/snapback][/right]

I found a similar item from ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW
check it out
O.. I found the exact one.

It is at Stylinconcepts.com
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.cfm?Par...9&CategoryID=29

01-yellow-ZX3

Thats just a H4 upgrade harness. So you can run 7 million watt bulbs if you want. (the headlights themselves on the other hand won't be happy with you).
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 25 2005 Wrote:Thats just a H4 upgrade harness.  So you can run 7 million watt bulbs if you want.  (the headlights themselves on the other hand won't be happy with you).
[right][snapback]80729[/snapback][/right]

But if I put in the harness without fixing in high end bulbs, will the bulbs last longer??

Made by APC :rolleyes: Nuff said
i have HID conversions kit in my hella projectors.... and i didn't get any special wiring harnesses (or HID wiring) because the HID conversion kit can simply just plug into the stock wires.... been for 1.5 years.. i don't see a problem

the only thing u will need to change is to get two 15 or 20am fueses to replace the stock 10amp fueses for both headlights.. or else the ballast might not be happy :D

EDIT: and shouldn't this topic be in appearence mods :rolleyes:

01-yellow-ZX3

cowymo,Jan 25 2005, 05:28 AM Wrote:
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 25 2005 Wrote:Thats just a H4 upgrade harness.  So you can run 7 million watt bulbs if you want.  (the headlights themselves on the other hand won't be happy with you).
[right][snapback]80729[/snapback][/right]

But if I put in the harness without fixing in high end bulbs, will the bulbs last longer??
[right][snapback]80775[/snapback][/right]

Nope, upgraded wiring will do nothing for bulb life.

Don't bulbs last long enough as it is?
I can't find my blinker fluid filler port, and my muffler bearing light just came on.

Seriously... is everything bad and devil-spawned on this earth made by APC? Ex-girlfriends too? :rolleyes: :lol:
Pages: 1 2