FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtf!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
:o Well I was driving to work this afternoon when all of a sudden I hear a loud POP! Sounded almost like a gun going off. I look around and noticed my rear driverside fixed window shattered, the only thing holding it together is the tint. I get to work and look at the window and I can't see any impact point from some sort of projectile so I'm thinking it must of been water freezing around the seal. I park my car in a garage all the time so I'm thinking this may have been a factor. Now the big question....is this covered under warranty? I know the windshield isn't but what about the side window? Anyone here with the same experience?
Fack I'm pissed :angry: .

01-yellow-ZX3

Warranty?

How bout insurance?
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 24 2005 Wrote:Warranty?

How bout insurance?
[right][snapback]80616[/snapback][/right]

One word, "deductable".

01-yellow-ZX3

Well yah, what did you expect?

Passenger windows are about $475 installed.

Depends on your deductible whether its worth claiming or not.
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 24 2005 Wrote:Depends on your deductible whether its worth claiming or not.
[right][snapback]80620[/snapback][/right]

.........and where you live. I'm prepaired at the low end to eat $2000 before I claim anything.

INSURANCE BASTARDS! :angry:

01-yellow-ZX3

haha suckerrr

$200 deductible! w00t
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 24 2005 Wrote:Well yah, what did you expect?

Passenger windows are about $475 installed.

Depends on your deductible whether its worth claiming or not.
[right][snapback]80620[/snapback][/right]

argh...$500 deductable. You said passenger is $475!, your talking about the rear fixed quarter window (it's a 2 door) ...should be less than that :unsure: .

I still think it should be a legit warranty claim since the window shattered under normal driving conditions and not as a result of some projectile.

01-yellow-ZX3

No idea what the rear windows would be worth, just know the fronts from experience unfortunately.
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 24 2005 Wrote:haha suckerrr

$200 deductible! w00t
[right][snapback]80626[/snapback][/right]

I could have zero deductable if I wanted, my current is $500. You should ask how much money you could save per year by going from $200 to $500.

Would I make a claim for $500-$1000? NEVER!

$1000-$1500, very unlikely.
$1500-$2000, probably not.
$2000+ I'd still think about it.

01-yellow-ZX3

I only pay $100/year for the $200 deductible (its public insurance remember)

And I'm forced to make a claim or two a year, so its definitely worth the $100 to me.
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 25 2005 Wrote:And I'm forced to make a claim or two a year, so its definitely worth the $100 to me.
[right][snapback]80638[/snapback][/right]

What are you doing to your car? I've make 2 claims in 22 years.

#1 hit by car while on motorcycle $700
#2 rear ended by SUV in Subaru Loyale $1800

If people are making frivilous claims under public programs I'll stick with private.

01-yellow-ZX3

My car gets broken into. It's beyond my control.

I've sinced fixed the problem though, haven't had any trouble since. *touches wood*

And no, I don't make fraudulent claims.

01-yellow-ZX3

I've had both private and public insurance on my car.

The only advantage to public insurance is the cost.

I'd go back to private insurance in the blink of an eye if I could.

01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 25 2005 Wrote:I've sinced fixed the problem though, haven't had any trouble since. *touches wood*

[right][snapback]80643[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

Kicked the crap out of the guy I assume?

OK, it just sounded like multiple claims for scratches and stuff that should be bruched off as part of life.

I remember hearing that for drivers in the 30 -55 age group who are "good" drivers (in the claim sense) they are actually better off with private than public. Public beneifits the young and high risk drivers the most.
So what'd you guys think my chances are with getting the window replaced under warranty?

$200 deductible! w00t

I wouldn't want to submit a claim for that small amount...even though it's not an at fault accident, it still counts as a claim and stays on your insurance record.

if possible, I'd pay it out of my own pocket in this case...
I don't think glass is generally covered but they are thinking from a standpoint of stone damage only. You may have a case if you can show that it was a design or workmanship fault. Certainly plead your case but don't have high expectations.
2001 ZTS,Jan 25 2005, 01:15 AM Wrote:I don't think glass is generally covered but they are thinking from a standpoint of stone damage only. You may have a case if you can show that it was a design or workmanship fault. Certainly plead your case but don't have high expectations.
[right][snapback]80654[/snapback][/right]

Guess I'll just have to find out tommorrow.

01-yellow-ZX3

Marction,Jan 24 2005, 07:14 PM Wrote:

$200 deductible! w00t

I wouldn't want to submit a claim for that small amount...even though it's not an at fault accident, it still counts as a claim and stays on your insurance record.

if possible, I'd pay it out of my own pocket in this case...
[right][snapback]80653[/snapback][/right]

Public insurance premiums don't increase if you're not at fault though. But I'm speaking about myself, not an ON driver.
I remember reading about spontaneous foci window shatterings before. It may well be on one of those TSBs. Do a search on one of the other forums.
Pages: 1 2 3