FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So I Turn My Front Suspension/driveshafts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i did alot of drifting last night in the 6-12 inches of snow on the road and parking lots. I also got stuck a few times cause public works dont know jack about how to plow the roads. I got home cleaned out the wheels and the wheel wells thought i was good. Got up this morning and ran some errands and stuff around town and everything was fine. i go to work at 5 and work til 9. I come out and warm the car up and start driving. i turn the corner and start accelerating in 2nd and theres a little rumble and shudder in my front end, i figured a little snow or something. I get into 3rd and get it to 3500 rpms and the whole front end jsut starts shaking like crazy. i let the revs fall and everything was fine below 2000 rpms cruising through town. i get the car home and jack it up to see wtf was going on. i get under and all i see snow packed from my lower control arm to on top of my driveshaft. well jsut the bottom layer was snow, most likely fresh stuff just picked up, cause underneath was a really hard slush/ice. so i grabbed a flathead screwdriver and started chipping away. after 15 mins theres still ice on some parts but i didnt feel like dealing wiht it anymore so i took it for a sping and it was a lot better, but i still need to warm the parts up to get it all off.

I figure it was from driving on the wet roads today that got picked up in the snow and while i was in work it all froze together.
anyways thats my excitement for the weekend.

and while i was doing the chipping a bar i was at last week called me and told me that i won free drinks on wed for me and 9 of my friends, all night long!! so thats my excitment for the upcoming week.
That reminds me of something from 2 weeks ago...

Me and my friend were going to pacmall in his civic and vtec wasnt really working properly and the car was stubling like craaazy....

So I pop'd his hood after we got back and looked inside and noticed he had an aem cold air intake.... I wiggled the pipe a little bit and to my surprisement, snow came out of the front fender well it was hiding it.

So I took off the plastic liner under neath and, voila.. you couldnt even see the filter snow was packed in there so good.....

Finally got the filter off and, haha, it was almost 1 big ball of ice. Solid ice. I brought it inside and put it in my sink and ran hot water over it for like 2-3 mins and then told him to go buy a new filter because this one was done. There was a nice hole in it and it was ... "nasty" looking.

Moral of the story... Cold air intake + Winter... Check it often. Dont let this happen to you.
That's sorta like what happened to me last month - blasting through snow drifts, especially in reverse. It caused some massive ice buildup on the tranny mounts - the rear mounts were the worst. The dealer threw it up on the hoist and took hot pressurized water to the mounts - problem solved.

I'm not sure how the auto and manual are different in regards to mount points, but everything I've said pertains to the auto for sure.
When I brush the snow off the WRX I cram it in the hoodscoop. :lol:
tdot-zx3,Jan 24 2005, 02: Wrote:That reminds me of something from 2 weeks ago...

Me and my friend were going to pacmall in his civic and vtec wasnt really working properly and the car was stubling like craaazy....

So I pop'd his hood after we got back and looked inside and noticed he had an aem cold air intake.... I wiggled the pipe a little bit and to my surprisement, snow came out of the front fender well it was hiding it.

So I took off the plastic liner under neath and, voila.. you couldnt even see the filter snow was packed in there so good.....

Finally got the filter off and, haha, it was almost 1 big ball of ice. Solid ice. I brought it inside and put it in my sink and ran hot water over it for like 2-3 mins and then told him to go buy a new filter because this one was done. There was a nice hole in it and it was ... "nasty" looking.

Moral of the story... Cold air intake + Winter... Check it often. Dont let this happen to you.
[right][snapback]80419[/snapback][/right]

And you used to make fun of me for taking the Volant off in the winter. :P :P :P
I was VERY aware of the snow dragging along the bottom of my car this weekend. But all the parts are still there...

see how it handles the drive to moonstone this coming weekend.
:ph34r:
took it to the spray and wash this morning and hit the suspension wiht some hot water!! problem solved! sure was shatting my pants thouhg when the car started shaking like crazy
I've heard of people spraying their wheel wells with Pam.
2001 ZTS,Jan 24 2005, 01:37 PM Wrote:I've heard of people spraying their wheel wells with Pam.
[right][snapback]80508[/snapback][/right]

I spry my snow shovels with Pam.

Works wonders!
anthony theres noway snow will get close to the volant and if it did it would melt before it gets into the box. The CAI on a civic is 15cm from the ground any snow the gets kicked up would get stuck to the filter, the thing is like a vacume.
ANTHONYD,Jan 24 2005, 02:52 PM Wrote:And you used to make fun of me for taking the Volant off in the winter. :P  :P  :P

I still would if you posted about it. Volant vs Aem cold air = totally different.

Ddub, less then 15 cm.... :lol: Hondas arent like focus's .. the subframes sit really really low.

I wish I had my camera with me that day... I would have taken some sweet pics... haha...