FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Takes 2nd Spot On 1st Rally Of 2005 Wrc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
..After 3 days of rally in Monaco, Ford has again reached the podium on the first outting of the 2005 season.

This year, the lineup has changed completely. Markko Martin left and joined Peugeot, Francois Duval left and linked up with Citroen..meanwhile====

Ford acquired ex-Skoda drivers, Toni Gardemeister in car1 and Roman Kresta in car2. A third car is being run privately by Antony Warmbold.

All 3 cars are the 2005-spec RS WRC Focus', with complete changes to the entire car expected for the 2006 season..(hint--think 2006-spec euro focus..-look wise-)

Anyhow...

Toni Gardemeister scored a solid 2nd place, Roman Kresta got 8th, and Antony Warmbold secured a solid 10th position...Ford looks like they are off to a terrific start to the 2005 season!

--cheers
Nice!

I'm going to have to track down more WRC coverage on my cable feed.
I wanna get that video of Monte-Carlo.

My favorite track to watch since its almost all pavement.

I'm guessing SpeedTV will have it this Sunday night.

Peace...
I dont know if the new rules are applied yet but they are supposed to get rid of the turbos and just run max 2.0L engines. Its gonna be some wicked super hi-reving sounds comming from those things
D-Dub,Jan 24 2005, 01: Wrote:I dont know if the new rules are applied yet but they are supposed to get rid of the turbos and just run max 2.0L engines. Its gonna be some wicked super hi-reving sounds comming from those things
[right][snapback]80507[/snapback][/right]

I don't think that change is in effect...but I also believe it is not WRC..just the FIA 1600 Super Cars